Brugge in May.. hotel suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psubrewer

Reaction score
Wife and I are spending two days in Brugge, Belgium. We've been checking out hotels and are having a hard time deciding based on reviews/price/location ect. Any hotel suggestions from someone who has been recently?

I was just there last night and stayed at Hotel Erasmus which was great. Great price for the location (1 block from the square) and updated hotel with good sized room. All of Brugge is relatively close together, you can walk anywhere in about 5 minutes so location is isnt terribly important. All depends on what you want to spend. I have a friend that stayed at hotel De orangerie which is Very nice but probably twice what I paid for my hotel. If you just want a room that is centrally located with good service go with Erasmus or something similar. I paid $119 EU and it was well with it.

tumblr_lv6te2N6nF1r6o324o1_500.gif

I was just there last night and stayed at Hotel Erasmus which was great. Great price for the location (1 block from the square) and updated hotel with good sized room..

Is this the same as the Bourgoensch-Hof Hotel? We tried to book the Erasmus online and always ended up at that url?

We stayed in the Martins Brugge in 2007. Great hotel and my widow looked at the belfry. It was a bit expensive if I remember.

Is this the same as the Bourgoensch-Hof Hotel? We tried to book the Erasmus online and always ended up at that url?

Yes it is the same. I guess they merged or something, I'm not sure what happened but it is the same building and really worked out great for my wife and I. I originally read about the hotel in Tim Webb's "Good beer guide to Belgium" which I highly recommend if you dont already have it. I booked via priceline for the cancellation protection.

Yes it is the same. I guess they merged or something, I'm not sure what happened but it is the same building and really worked out great for my wife and I.

Thats what we suspected happened. Anyway, we reserved this hotel for next week, thursday->sat. We have the Webb book, its been a great resource in planning our trip.

It's been a few years, but when my wife and I were in Brugge, we stayed at the Hotel Cordoeanier. It's really no-frills and incredibly cheap, which is exactly what we wanted. (When we travel we don't spend any time in our room other than to sleep, so we look strictly for safety, cleanliness, location and price; luxury is low on the list.) They have a good breakfast buffet, and they're centrally located. We'd stay there again in a skinny minute.

ETA: I just saw that you already booked. I overlooked that before posting. Late to the party, as usual.

Thats what we suspected happened. Anyway, we reserved this hotel for next week, thursday->sat. We have the Webb book, its been a great resource in planning our trip.

Good call. I think you will enjoy it. Breakfast was great and the advantage of the merged hotels is you get to eat right on the canal. The wife and I had a blast in Brugge and if I can figure out how to post pictures I will try and do so.

Highliights;
Tripel Karmeliet while eating dinner on the square.
Westy 8 at lunch at Cambrinus
Picking up a Westy 12 at the Bier Temple (I believe this is the only place you can buy in Brugge, at least that I saw)
Drinking a Dupont Biere de Miel as I closed down 't Brugs Beertje

As we were only there for a day and a half I regret not going by a few bars and De Halve Maan brewery tour. De Garre was full when I stopped by so I missed out on that as well but oh well. 't Brugs Beertje was worth the trip on its own as you can just sit there and be a local for awhile.

Hope your trip goes well.

jakead said:
Good call. I think you will enjoy it. Breakfast was great and the advantage of the merged hotels is you get to eat right on the canal. The wife and I had a blast in Brugge and if I can figure out how to post pictures I will try and do so.

Highliights;
Picking up a Westy 12 at the Bier Temple (I believe this is the only place you can buy in Brugge, at least that I saw)

As we were only there for a day and a half I regret not going by a few bars and De Halve Maan brewery tour. De Garre was full when I stopped by so I missed out on that as well but oh well. 't Brugs Beertje was worth the trip on its own as you can just sit there and be a local for awhile.

I completely agree about 't Brugs Beertje. Fantastic place. Too bad you didnt get into sataminee de Garre. I want to go back to Bruges just for those two places.

Highliights;

Thanks for the advice, 't Brugs Beerjte and the De Halve Maan tour are on our list. We have two nights in Brugge before heading to Ghent for another two nights.

Back