Bruery Societies 2015 Allocations/Discussion Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Preservation gets the leftover stash of Soroboruo or however you spell it this quarter. At least I'm getting some Choco Rain in this bunch.

Preservation gets the leftover stash of Soroboruo or however you spell it this quarter. At least I'm getting some Choco Rain in this bunch.
Wow. Perhaps I'm overly cynical, but that reeks of "Now that we've sold out the Preservation Society, let's taking a steaming **** all over them and see how many stick around in hopes of getting an RS slot."

Wow. Perhaps I'm overly cynical, but that reeks of "Now that we've sold out the Preservation Society, let's taking a steaming **** all over them and see how many stick around in hopes of getting an RS slot."
Didn't they give them Mrs Stoutfire as a replacement for a soured beer last year?

Don't know about Hoarders, but Reserve for this month is weaksauce.

Choc Rain '15 - 4 bottles
Sourrento '14 - 1 bottle
OTwC '13 - 1 bottle
Tart of Darkness '12 - 2 bottles

edit: brb, heading over to BA to see the overreactions

At least there is a sour released, even though from cellar. This just tells me that the end of the year is going to be very sour heavy once Terreux is in full swing...I am ok with this.

Sourrento '14 - 1 bottle
OTwC '13 - 1 bottle

Note that Sourrento, ToD, and OTwC aren't allocations, they are first come first serve archive sales. Only CR is an allocation.

At least there is a sour released, even though from cellar. This just tells me that the end of the year is going to be very sour heavy once Terreux is in full swing...I am ok with this.

Only reason why I joined. After a weekend in PDX it's becoming pretty obvious that I just need to drop The Bruery and budget a trip up to de Garde. Still have my hopes up that there will be good sours, and maybe a spin off society next year....but yeah.

EDIT: At least 50% of this, probably more like 90% of this is me just having a different taste in beers. Yeah they've had some issues, but they've brewed plenty of beers that were just fine, just not really for me. If they could do more stuff like M9, Fruited Sour in the Rye, Fruited Oude Tarts, Hottenroth gimmicks, ect., they'd probably reel me right back in.

Last edited:
What's the description? I haven't seen it.

Mélange #10 was created by your peers at a special blending competition held in December of 2014 by a pair of Hoarders Society members. Based on the flavors of their childhood, this beer is intended to mimic some of the rich and slightly spicy character of a Mexican-style hot chocolate. Using a blend of our bourbon barrel aged Anniversary ale and a bourbon barrel aged variation of our barley-wine, Old Richland, they were able to create a perfect base beer with which to play. Ancho chiles, chocolate and cinnamon sticks compliment the vanilla and toffee notes from the malty beer, reminding us of our abuela with each sip.

Mélange #10 was created by your peers at a special blending competition held in December of 2014 by a pair of Hoarders Society members. Based on the flavors of their childhood, this beer is intended to mimic some of the rich and slightly spicy character of a Mexican-style hot chocolate. Using a blend of our bourbon barrel aged Anniversary ale and a bourbon barrel aged variation of our barley-wine, Old Richland, they were able to create a perfect base beer with which to play. Ancho chiles, chocolate and cinnamon sticks compliment the vanilla and toffee notes from the malty beer, reminding us of our abuela with each sip.
...huh. Seems like making Black Tuesday in Huna style would be a much better take on the same idea.

Sourrento '14 - 1 bottle
OTwC '13 - 1 bottle

If you're not stoked about Chocolate Rain allocations... you joined the wrong club and I don't really know what you expect

I'll admit last month was weak without any Society Exclusives but come on Chocolate Rain! That's one of the year's marque releases

If you're not stoked about Chocolate Rain allocations... you joined the wrong club and I don't really know what you expect

I'll admit last month was weak without any Society Exclusives but come on Chocolate Rain! That's one of the year's marque releases

I enjoy Chocolate Rain, but there's 10+ beers I'm looking forward to more. CR was a PS release last year too, so I don't quite consider it a "marque" release anymore. I'll still buy a couple like I've done the last 3 years though, that's for sure.

I enjoy Chocolate Rain, but there's 10+ beers I'm looking forward to more. CR was a PS release last year too, so I don't quite consider it a "marque" release anymore. I'll still buy a couple like I've done the last 3 years though, that's for sure.

Chocolate Rain is the hook in that Preservation release though

Why isn't The Bruery doing an archive sale of the 1 beer that was literally inspired by a pie?

March 14th, 2015. Also known as 3.14.15 or Pi Day!

What better way to celebrate punny math humor than with some of our archived beers that were either inspired by pie, are made with similar ingredients to a pie or are just destined to be delicious with pie?

We have a very limited supply of these beers available beginning right now, exclusively for our Reserve and Hoarders Society members.

Enjoy these beers and hopefully we'll see many of you around this weekend for our Barrel Tours.

Cheers,

The folks at The Bruery
We're having a surprise sale for Pi Day!
Pick up these perfect pie accompaniments today,
while supplies last.

$24.99 $19.99 / 1 bottle limit
-2014 Archive Sale-
(not guaranteed, act fast!)

$24.99 $19.99 / 2 bottle limit
-2012 Archive Sale-

$44.99 $35.99 / 2 bottle limit
- 2013 Archive Sale-

$44.99 $35.99 / 1 bottle limit