Bru Gear Profermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

broncosmoker

Reaction score
Anybody had the dimensions of the Bru Gear Pro 40 conical fermenter? There are none on their site and I have both emailed them a couple times, as well as call them.

The latter part actually is starting to bother me about the customer service and support.

Don't really want to do their cooling system and would rather put it in a freezer if it will fit.

Thanks for any help.

I was also looking at their Bru Gear Pro 14 conical fermenter... Seems like no one is talking about their products? Would it fit in a freezer?

That's why I want to know about the size. if it will fit in a 20 cf with shelves removed.

Ever hear back from them ?
I have e-mailed them twice in the last week and a half regarding the same thing and no reply.
I bought a kettle from them last year and emailed them a few times,was hit or miss if they replied or not but it seems now they just don't respond to (potential) customers.

All my questions were pretty simple details that they should have listed on their website..

Nope, 6 emails, 4 unreturned phone calls after messages left, and cannot leave anymore as their mailbox has been full for a while.

Another club member ordered a kettle from them the beginning for November. Emailed and called several times about order status. No replies. Cancelled CC order from bank then all the sudden they replied with a, "oh were waiting on lids. We sent out an email blast letting everyone know but you must have not gotten it" Find that funny as I know of 6 other sales that never seem to have gotten that email either and have cancelled their orders. Really to bad because I thought Phil seemed like a stand up guy after meeting him.

Looking at Stout and Spike conicals now as well as s couple new kettles.

If your gonna use Bru Gear, you're on your own after seeing how they operate pretty close hand

I did buy a 20g kettle from them last summer and despite the lack of customer service (These are simple questions that should be listed on the product page) everything else went pretty well once I placed the order. The quality of the pot,welds and accessories was far better than what I have seen elsewhere.
I looked at everyone and for the price they far better,makes it hard to look at other vendors.
I saw a thread on HBT regarding a kettle from Stout,after looking at the pics of the rust,scratches and other poor craftsmanship I wouldn't touch them.

After seeing them and NHC, I cannot argue about the quality look of the product. It was of a high caliber and the price was great. However the recent follow through and lack of customer service as far as how they are treating client and potential clients leads me to not wanting to buy their product. That's really to bad as the six of us were all looking at buying and upgrading/improving our systems to larger capabilities. 4 of us to go to 1/2 bbl systems and the other 2 wanting higher quality. The biggest thing for most of us was getting away from weldless and going ti-clover.

Yeah I have bought from Bru-Gear and to start they were great. I contacted Phil about and issue with one of my fermentors and he was going to send me a new fermentor but never did. I have emailed multiple times and not received anything back. I even opened a ticket on their site and nothing. I like the product but customer service sucks now.

One of my fermentors always had a metallic taste in the beer. I have two fermentors and one of them I brewed two different beers and both had a metallic taste. They were going to replace it.

One of my fermentors always had a metallic taste in the beer. I have two fermentors and one of them I brewed two different beers and both had a metallic taste. They were going to replace it.
No offense but it sounds more like a cleaning issue on your end.
How many times have you used the fermenter and how did you clean it?
What are you brewing in and what are you brewing ?

No offense but it sounds more like a cleaning issue on your end.
How many times have you used the fermenter and how did you clean it?
What are you brewing in and what are you brewing ?

No offense taken, I thought maybe the same thing. So I use hot water with pbw to clean it out. Then I have filled with star San let it sit for 20 min drain then let air dry. I have brewed a red and Porter in this fermentor. I have another one that I have done the same and no issues. I cleaned it the way it was suggested by the company. My next step will be to use star San less diluted or get a acid treatment from local Brewer. My biggest complaint is the fact that no one has returned any emails. If you have a recommendation I will try anything. Really that is how we all learn.

I hear ya on the e-mails.
I did the same thing on my 1st use w/ my SS Brewtech fermenter,turns out PBW alone isn't/wasn't enough to cut through the oils used in manufacturing.
Give it a rinse then fill it up and use TSP (I used the phosphate free version) let that soak for a couple hours,rinse it out then let it soak in PBW,then a star san rinse,that (should) get rid of the metallic taste.I may have even used dish soap after the tsp,I forget.Those were the directions from SS.Brewtech.
You'll also want to break down the ball valves and do the same w/ them,there was a good amount of oil in mine. I bet if you open em up you'll be able to smell it if not see a little black build up on the seals.
You should be OK after this,these were the directions from S.S. Brewtech,which I have to say has freakin awesome customer service!

Back