Brooklyn Lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ed_brews_now

Reaction score
Normally I don't drink lager. But I had Brooklyn Lager -- and it is one of the top commercial beers for me now. What is it? Malt or hops?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it contains both hops and malted grain.

There are different styles of lager. Brooklyn Lager is akin to SA Boston Lager. I believe they are Vienna Lagers. They're different from the Lite American Lagers and Pilsners that you might be used to when you think of "Lager".

I have a recipe I am brewing next weekend that is my effort at a Brooklyn Lager clone. It's not exact, but as close as I can get.

I know they dry hop their lager, and I really love that completely clean noble hop flavor you get in an american micro interpretation of a lager... so I'm thinking you're loving the featured flavor hops layered over that soft pillow of pilsner malt.

It's one of the better lagers with wide distribution. I don't like many lager beers either, but Brooklyn Lager is quite good. OP, have you tried Eliot Ness from Great Lakes Brewing? It's in a similar style and it's quite good - even better than Brooklyn Lager, I'd say, though they're both excellent.

Back