Broken welds on conical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlieatthedisco

Reaction score
Hey guys. I picked up a Chinese made conical fermenter from another home Brewer and unfortunately one of the welds are leaking that connect to a coupling!! Lame! Any suggestions on how to go about fixing? Take it to a shop?
Thanks

Yeah, taking it to a local welder is the only course of action. Well, besides asking for a refund from the seller.

welder is going to charge you to fix it,

most jobs are a min 1 hour charge, your looking at $50.00 PLUS

take it back to the seller

and get another

BUY AMERICAN next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do your research and find a welder who is skilled in sanitary welding.

To everyone else. What are the options for American made conicals? I'm not even aware of any as I believe Blichman is now made overseas.

Do your research and find a welder who is skilled in sanitary welding.

To everyone else. What are the options for American made conicals? I'm not even aware of any as I believe Blichman is now made overseas.

I'm not aware of any on the homebrew scale.

Also this being a used Craigslist deal, I'm not sure what US vs China has to do with it. Wouldn't be surprised if the guy dropped the thing or something. Or it was shoddy from the get-go and he offloaded it to a sucker on CL for a too good to be true price.

do you know how to solder?

if you use 001.JPG

and bbbbbbbbbbbbbbb 011.JPG

you can solder it back.

post a picture of the break

the trick is pre tin, low heat

Brewhemoth's were American made when they were in business. Built like a tank. Not to many out there and they cost a little more sometimes but majority of market is overseas.

Thanks for all the replies! I was able to find a fermentation fabrication company here in Santa Rosa to weld it back together for me! And the best part...they didn't charge me!

Back