broken lantern dark ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uglygoat

Reaction score
a mild ale in whelsh fashion...

5 lbs pale malt
.5 lbs crystal 40 l
.5 lbs chocolate malt
1 lbs brown sugar

1 oz fuggles whole hops full boil
1 oz fuggles whole hops @ 30 min

dropped atop a burton ale yeast by whitelabs

og was around 1.046

we're aiming for about 3.5 abv

the cheapest batch ingredients wise i've done in a while, turns out to be the most expensive batch in the long run... and helps give the beer it's name and character...

we had a very blustery day during yesterdays brew session, and our portable tent kept trying to turn itself into a parasail in the drive in front of my garage... it's a collapsable frame with the roof always on and you can add side walls. you see these structures at fairs and such...

robeks_tent_rev3.jpg

anyhoo after twice nearly tipping over due to the wind, we moved the operation into the garage, despite the gruesome death that awaited if the boss (my lovely bride) found out... we were just getting ready to collapse the tent, when a huge gust yanked it out of our hands, and slamed it into the garage, smashing to bits the lantern that lights the way at night...

the wind then threw the tent into the front porch of the house breaking one of the main supports for the tent... luckily we were able to collapse what was left of it, and get it back into the garage before it tried to take the power lines out....

so i'm out a nice tent and an outside light, but the duct tape over the light fixture pretty much blends into the garage, and i think the duct tape might help mend that busted support arm....:cross:

Wind and homebrew, always a problem. Both while you make it and after you drink it.

Back