Brita for bottling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tw0fish

Reaction score
Got a fine cider (Cyser really) going that's become a bit of a science experiment.. that's another story though.

Googling around about filtering non-water substances with brita filters yields plural threads from various beer brewing websites wherein someone says "can I clarify my beer by running it through a brita filter?" and someone else invariably says "It could work but it'll probably clog up, and you probably won't be able to bottle carb it because the yeast may all get caught up"...

That sounds exactly what I'd want to do with a dry, still cider that I intend to backsweeten. Minus the clog part, which might be more of an issue due to pectin.

I have tried to search this forum, obviously without results. Have any of you cider types tried it? Are there threads I missed, perhaps?

Either campden it.. or modify the pitcher setup somehow so that it wont splash all over the place when it comes out the bottom, I suppose.

Back