Brewzor Quitting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PKLehmer

Reaction score
Anyone know if Brewzor for Android is still under development? I know a couple of months ago he had a blog post on brewzor.com saying he had just moved and was working on a new version. I just reinstalled brewzor on my phone to see if anything had changed, and when I tried to download the default recipes and ingredients it came back with an error message, and asked me to send a bug report. When I sent the bug report it bounced back to my email as undeliverable. Now if you go to brewzor.com, there's nothing there! What happened!

I was really looking forward to an updated version of this software, and now it's essentially useless to me because I can't get ingredients on my phone, and I don't want to input each ingredient manually! Is there something else out there for Android???

It looks like the website is still there: Brewzor
I hope Brewzor will continue to develop. I use Brewzor as my default brewing program and I don't really want to switch to something new again.

Any updates on this? Just downloaded the pro beta last night and now finding out (based on his last blog post in March) that it may not be supported any longer.

I think the reason that the app is crashing is because it's trying to pull data from the brewzor site, and can't get it. The app allows you to update the link. Does anyone have an alternate link to the databases, or does anyone already have them downloaded that we might be able to load directly via file, rather than the bad link?

Looks like Brewzor.com is available. Seems like he could have had someone take over the site, if not development... I really like the calculators it has.

So does anyone have a link to the databases, or a copy of them to share? I could dig through old Rom backups and search...

It took me too long to find this in an old TWRP backup but here you go!

Copy this to
/data/data/com.brewzor.pro.beta/databases

and if you have issues with it not working inside brewzor you made need to change your file permissions.

mine are RWX-RWX-RWX, but that is just cuz i don't care!

http://www.mediafire.com/?1j2tuu3wh3beqlq

Thanks a lot! I dropped that database into the appropriate folder and now have all the databases loaded. Much appreciated.

Back