Brewzilla Gen4 Temperature Control Drivin Me Nutz

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerisyummy

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else frustrated with the huge difference in temperature between the bottom of the machine (underneath the false bottom) and the mash itself, particularly towards the top? In my un-scientific way, I understand it as the difference between hot liquid (at the bottom) and a very different substance above the false bottom, whose part-solid-part-liquid mush behaves very differently as a "thermal mass" (if I'm using the term appropriately). I do not think it's a calibration issue: during the boil the readout is somewhere around 212°-214° and I get a MUCH bigger difference than 2° between the machine's readout and what my handheld thermometer says. So bottom line, I can get the temperature sort of evened out with lots of stirring and starting the recirc right away, but it's a pita and I have this nagging feeling that I don't actually know what temperature my mash is at.
Any workarounds I might be missing?

Latest posts

Back