Brewtarget 1.1 - Free open source brewing software

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was able to get SVN 187 up and running on Karmic with your help. Thanks!

But, maybe I'm dense, but I don't see a way to adjust for water loss due to grains in the mash tun? I usually figure about 0.15 gals of water lost per pound of grain during the strike.

Is there a way to compensate for this?

Thanks for a great product!

I downloaded the .zip file. I extracted it. Then when I try and run the .exe file I get the following error:

This application has failed to start because mingwm10.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I tried re-installing the program and that didn't work. I've deleted it and then re-downloaded the .zip and started over from scratch but, I still get the same error.

I'm running Windows XP. Any suggestions?

I downloaded the .zip file. I extracted it. Then when I try and run the .exe file I get the following error:

This application has failed to start because mingwm10.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I tried re-installing the program and that didn't work. I've deleted it and then re-downloaded the .zip and started over from scratch but, I still get the same error.

mingwm10.dll, if memory serves, is a Qt-related file. You may need to install the (free) Qt framework for your system to satisfy the dependency.

Haven't really learned the ins and outs of brewing yet, but software testing I know! Just downloaded the Mac version, will DL the Win version for my netbook as well and post any software quirks (probably on sourceforge though) I notice.

With any luck, I'll come to understand the beer part too.
:mug:

mingwm10.dll is one of the files included in the same directory as brewtarget.exe. If you are running the extracted version of brewtarget, it should find the dll. If you are running the zipped version, it won't find the zipped dll. Open a browser, and go to where you extracted the package. Check that mingwm10.dll is present, and double click on brewtarget.exe.

-a.

mingwm10.dll is one of the files included in the same directory as brewtarget.exe. If you are running the extracted version of brewtarget, it should find the dll. If you are running the zipped version, it won't find the zipped dll. Open a browser, and go to where you extracted the package. Check that mingwm10.dll is present, and double click on brewtarget.exe.

-a.

That did it. Thanks for your help.

I was able to get SVN 187 up and running on Karmic with your help. Thanks!

But, maybe I'm dense, but I don't see a way to adjust for water loss due to grains in the mash tun? I usually figure about 0.15 gals of water lost per pound of grain during the strike.

Is there a way to compensate for this?

Thanks for a great product!

It already does this for you. You don't have to do anything extra.

How about a tool for adjusting gravity readings with hydrometers?

For example, my hydrometer is calibrated for 60* F. So, what is the adjusted reading if I take my sample at 70* F?

I've been using this for my last 4 brews and I love it.

A few of my favorite things. I think the way you just type in the units is a really great idea, and I like being able to change AA% so easily. I also like the First Wort Hop option which I've only just started trying out (and didn't see when I trialled other software).

The only suggestion I have would be that it would be cool if you could double click to add the grain/hop to the recipe. I keep erasing the the names of the grains because I double click them in the add window. I like the option to change the name but maybe that could just be done in the info pop-up since you don't really have to do it that often.

And thanks again. Can't wait for 1.2 (EDIT: D'oh. Getting 1.2 now.)

The only thing that I can think of off hand that is missing is the ability to add notes. Unless I'm missing something. Like a tasting log at different times. One week out, two....

just noticed this was the old thread....

I am a newbie in homebrewing and I am very interested in your software.
I think I can help you translating to Brazilian Portuguese.
If yoou want help, contact me.

Now, is there a brew in a bag option, or a plan to include one? Or is it already in there and I'm just missing it?

Yeah I realized shortly after posting that damn near no one is still subscribed to this thread. I found a decent spreadsheet for biab so no big deal.

Anyone else have this issue where the brewday Generate Instructions always adds the first ingredient twice?

Can't say I have seen it, but I will look.

For the record, you may want to open these questions up as individual threads. This thread is likely to bre removed as the other brewtarget annoucement threads were.

Mik

Back