Brewshed Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mi6op

Reaction score
So I was originally going to build a building near my pool as a poolhouse/brewery build. But there was a lot of unnecessary work involved and I had a pole building in the back yard that was a great candidate. So we've been spending time renovating it this past summer and fall. Uploading pictures is a pain so I'll do my best to get things up to date.

Originally there were steps inside to the upstairs attic. To increase space we ripped those steps out and built a set on the outside.

shed view with ladder.jpg

Shed resize.jpg

framed room.jpg

gutted inside.jpg

Early views of what will one day become a bar. And the water lines. We dug up the original frost free spigot and tied the water in for full time h20 to the building. My friend said he could make a curved bar so we will roll with it and see how it works out.

bar view.jpg

bar plumbing.jpg

main water in.jpg

Got the building staind (what I can figure can be the 1st since it was built probably 13 years ago.) Also decided to take out the 2nd garage door this year instead of next and replace it with a french door. I was hedging my bets on a place to park a mower etc. But I will find a place to cram it somewhere.

Also got drywall hung and the ceiling stomped. The back wall ,which is where a door is leaning, is where the brewstand will be. I'm getting a hood built for above it and will be tiling the wall.

I thought I had a picture showing a hot water line to above the kettle height for filling. In the pic you will see a drain in the wall for the used heat exchanging water as well as a cold water in.

DSC00292.jpg

DSC00294.jpg

DSC00295.jpg

DSC00296.jpg

DSC00303.jpg

It would take some doing but it could be that. However, I need a place to throw all my junk so that has been "promoted" as the place.

It would take some doing but it could be that. However, I need a place to throw all my junk so that has been "promoted" as the place.

Definitely keep some junk storage space. Everybody needs a good junk storage space. We have a completely finished basement and we left a nano storage area. So now, I have a three car garage and can barely get two cars in. BTW, the building is looking great. Will you have some heat/air in there?

Will you have some heat/air in there?

My friend works in HVAC and I'm getting some type of dual unit. I'll give more info once it's installed. I'm also putting in a tankless water heater.

Been making some progress. As you can see the walls are painted and the tile on the back wall is up. It still needs wiped down more to get the grout dust off. The wood for the trim and bar is at the finisher to get finished and stained.

The hood is actually installed and just needs a couple more things done to be hooked up. I'll post pics of that later.

DSC00305.jpg

DSC00307.jpg

DSC00309.jpg

DSC00310.jpg

DSC00311.jpg

Great built! Are doing anything for tv or music out there? Truly jealous.

Yes in the last pic you'll see an audio speaker in the ceiling and against the orange wall I have Direct TV plumed in just waiting on a TV.

what sort of brewing system are you looking to put in?

awesome pics.......love the shape of the bar.........curious how you were able to curve the wood? I'd love to do something like that in my basement brew cave

He bought a couple sheets of plywood for the bar frame then to make the curvature with the finished top, he took 4" wide chunks of wood and laid them at a 45* angle .

Hope that helps, I'm not much of a woodworker.

The wood has been stained and finished. I bought kilned rough sawed Wormy Maple from a Sawmill near me. My friend Dan (who essentially has done the whole build) built the doors you see from scratch. Should have all the bar done and all the trim installed as well this weekend.

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

Sweet building, mate. I'm looking forward to building something similar one day in the future (read: distant future lol).

Just saw this thread today for the first time. Looks Amazing! That's more like a manpalace than a mancave.

Good luck with it. Looking forward to seeing the installed brew system.

Back