Brews for New Avenues 2018!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much did the 9 liter Bokkereyder go for?

giphy.gif

I don't know what all your internet names are, but I know I met/caught up with a ton of you all over the last few days.

I can't even begin to express how grateful I am to have this event and everyone in it in my life. Every year it seems to just get better and better, and I'm so happy to help such a great cause in my small way and to see this community come together to end youth homelessness.

First and foremost, massive shoutouts to the New Avenues crew for all the work they do every day, providing opportunities, aid, and support for the homeless and at-risk young people in our community; Jessica, Hana, Taryn, Angela, and all other employees and volunteers.

Big ups to the co-chairs, Don, Andy, James, and Jeremy for putting this whole thing together, and to the rest of the advisory board, and all the volunteers that made it happen -- this event seems to get better and better every year!

Huge thanks to the de Garde crew, Raf, Jean, Pierre, Armand, Uli, Werner, and the rest of the spontaneous fermentors, Tim from Altbrau, the Jester King and the Pfriem contingents, chef Connor, Mike from Tioga-Sequoia (super glad you got the Bokkereyder off the wall!), the Amalgam, Ale Apoth, Referend, and all the other great brewers who donated to BFNA, and to everyone else who dug into their cellars to make the event happen. I know I'm forgetting a ton of people, and I apologize, but you're all great.

Thanks to Bill and Adam at Lambic.info for being super dope and getting me into all kinds of mischief, as always. Word to the PDXCS for continuing to be the best running crew in the Rose City. Also a huge thanks to Tim and Rachel who straight-up gave me a Bokkereyder Zalto out of the blue. The generosity from all sides this weekend reminded me of why I love the beer community.

He didn't win as much as I expected either. I was sure he was going to out bid me on the 3F package but a 12K charge on my card says I'm going to Belguim and he is not.
By the looks of his IG posts, he won the LPK 3L, the 2 Bokke mags (Oma and the other one), Cinsault, Nuit, and Zwanze 17, and I think someone said the 9L Bokkee too?

As many bottles of '99 boos, blauw, Zenne b1, honing, OGV '08, and millennium as you can physically carry simultaneously
Pretty much this. I've already been training my wife with 750ml curls.

The basics boil down to airfare, two night lodging, two dinners with Armand, other meals paid, brewing and blending session with Armand, transportation and "goodies to take home". The last part was explained to me as, more beer than you could ever imagine. So, shipping that **** back included?

It's ****ing crazy to think that people from across the world will be buying a beer that I helped blend. That's a mind**** for me. I don't know if it will be "just" a batch of gueuze or something "special" but still.

The plan right now is to hopefully fill a comically large bottle of the blend and raffle it off in the live auction next year.

I suppose the even more amazing part is that this was all my wife's idea. She was super into it.

The basics boil down to airfare, two night lodging, two dinners with Armand, other meals paid, brewing and blending session with Armand, transportation and "goodies to take home". The last part was explained to me as, more beer than you could ever imagine. So, shipping that **** back included?

It's ****ing crazy to think that people from across the world will be buying a beer that I helped blend. That's a mind**** for me. I don't know if it will be "just" a batch of gueuze or something "special" but still.

The plan right now is to hopefully fill a comically large bottle of the blend and raffle it off in the live auction next year.

I suppose the even more amazing part is that this was all my wife's idea. She was super into it.

1203568.gif

When people called you out a few pages back I assumed that you were the one that puked in the urinal.

Props if you pulled this off AND puked in the urinal.

Legend status

Soooo, some feedback?

Things you liked, loved, didn’t like, want to improve, favorite beers etc.?

Food at O&G and VIP were great. Event spaces were perfect.

Have a pilsner tap running the entire VIP.

If there was a way to coordinate with someone who could ship bottles from the auctions, a bottle drop would be dope.

Really difficult to find a criticism. Such well run events. I can only imagine the amount of work & planning & thought that goes into coordinating something like that. Cheers to everyone involved!

If I had to pick something, I didn't buy the O&G shirt because the oyster looked kind of like a dessicated avocado. I didn't want to have to explain it to people.

I'm on beer and completely understand if you ban me from O&G next year.

It was my first year and I thought it was fantastic. My only complaint was the lack of plates at the meat and cheese table. Then again, that could have been a calculated move because I could only fit SO MUCH meat and cheese on a napkin, precariously balanced on my auction number card. In that case, well played.

It was my first year and I thought it was fantastic. My only complaint was the lack of plates at the meat and cheese table. Then again, that could have been a calculated move because I could only fit SO MUCH meat and cheese on a napkin, precariously balanced on my auction number card. In that case, well played.

Genius calculation. He brought 17lbs of cheese and it was gone in about 90mins, if we gave our plates it’d probably be gone in 9mins :)

Back