Brews for New Avenues 2019

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Online auction is up and running: https://bfna2019.ggo.bid/

For the first time, Brews for New Avenues is conducting a small online auctionof several items to test viability for future events. The auction runs from today through 6p Pacific Time on August 8th.

PLEASE NOTE: We sent a private/individual link to people already registered in our system with Greater Giving. Please check your inboxes and spam folders for that invitation link first before you register via the link in this email!

In order to bid, you must be 21 or over. All winners must pick up items in person or via proxy at the Brews Main Event on August 10th, 2019 between 6-9p. If you do not have a proxy, please email [email protected]and we will attempt to arrange one for you.
Our online auction items for 2019:
  • Bokke - Geuze for New Avenues 750ml - A special blend for Brews consisting of 1, 2, and 3 year-old lambic aged in port and oloroso barrels.
  • de Garde - Avenue 1-6 Set - This package contains one 750ml bottle of each of the following:
    • de Garde & AltBrau - Avenue No. 1 - Two year wild farmhouse ale with cherries aged in oak barrels.
    • de Garde & AltBrau - Avenue No. 2 - Two year wild farmhouse ale with marion berries aged in oak barrels.
    • de Garde & AltBrau - Avenue No. 3 - A barrel-aged wild ale blended from six years of Oregon spontaneous ale and Belgian Lambic.
    • de Garde & Tilquin - Avenue No. 4 - A blend of lambic from Gueuzerie Tilquin and Oregon wild ale from de Garde.
    • de Garde & The Referend - Avenue No. 5 - A composition of spontaneous wild ale aged in oak barrels with Peaches & Nectarines.
    • de Garde & The Referend - Avenue No. 6 - A composition of spontaneous wild ale aged in oak barrels.
  • Cantillon - La Vie est Belge 750ml - Bottle dated 27.12.2016. This batch combines two barrels of 3 year old lambic finished in Vin Jaune barrels for 9 months with one barrel of lambic wort added directly to Vin Jaune barrels and aged for 2 years.
  • h.ertie - Brews for New Avenues Oude Geuze (De Zeven Wonderen)^2 750ml - One bottle containing a blend of lambic from Lindemans, Girardin, Cantillon, Oud Beersel, Hanssens, 3 Fonteinen, and De Troch.

Dear all the wonderful supporters and attendees, past, present and future,

Just a couple days after Brews 2018 ended we started planning Brews 2019. We have worked tirelessly all year to bring you an amazing series of events which kick off on Thursday.

It was with a heavy heart that I have made the last minute decision not to come this year. My partner and I just moved into our brew condo, we won’t have a kitchen for another week (the condo was finished 4 months ahead of schedule), and we have a teething 9 month old. It is just too much for one person alone.

If you have any questions or need help, I’m still available and the team (James, Jeremy, Andy, Jessica, and myself) are sending 100s of texts a day making sure everything runs seamlessly
upload_2019-8-7_22-30-53.gif

More info emails are going out soon and Instagram is being updated with info. Don’t forget the online auction.
upload_2019-8-7_22-30-53.gif

Let’s make this yet another record year to help homeless, foster and at-risk youth. I will see you all with the family next year, or see some of you in Europe. Have fun, bid high, and be safe!

Love you all!
Cheers
Don

Ps some fun going on in Corvallis!;)

Dear all the wonderful supporters and attendees, past, present and future,

Just a couple days after Brews 2018 ended we started planning Brews 2019. We have worked tirelessly all year to bring you an amazing series of events which kick off on Thursday.

It was with a heavy heart that I have made the last minute decision not to come this year. My partner and I just moved into our brew condo, we won’t have a kitchen for another week (the condo was finished 4 months ahead of schedule), and we have a teething 9 month old. It is just too much for one person alone.

If you have any questions or need help, I’m still available and the team (James, Jeremy, Andy, Jessica, and myself) are sending 100s of texts a day making sure everything runs seamlesslyView attachment 9011

More info emails are going out soon and Instagram is being updated with info. Don’t forget the online auction. View attachment 9012

Let’s make this yet another record year to help homeless, foster and at-risk youth. I will see you all with the family next year, or see some of you in Europe. Have fun, bid high, and be safe!

Love you all!
Cheers
Don

Ps some fun going on in Corvallis!;)

Totally understand, and don't blame you. You want to keep your relationship together... lol. That would be so mean to leave now.

Massive congratulations on the 9 month old and the new condo Don! I'm sure it's old news to everyone here but super cool to hear. Definitely the right decision! I can only hope to be able to make such wise beer related choices one day...

Missed you today don! Though you probably saw my hand wave at you!
Amazing start to the weekend!!
The lambic panel discussion was awesome, thank you!!

• Bokke
    • Kriek Pjassel 2018 - 1,2 & 3 year-old lambic with fresh raspberries, vineyard peaches, and Gorsem sour cherries
    • Kriek Pjassel Jeneverbessenhout 2018 - 1, 2, 3 & 4 year-old lambic with 18-month barrel macerated Schaarbeekse and Gorsem cherries, carried by red vineyard peaches, with a 10% addition of 17-day juniper wood barrel-aged lambic
    • Barrique Macvin 2017 - 1, 2 & 3 year-old lambic aged in a Macvin barrel from Michael Gaher in Jura, France
    • Oude Ghost 2016 - 1, 2 & 3 year-old lambic blended with 1, 2, and 3 year-old Fantôme Saison
  • de Garde
    • The Qi - composed of spontaneous barrels that fermented and aged for two years and then further conditioned on 46 year aged raw Pu’er tea leaves sourced from Taiwan
    • The Petria - a combination of mature barrels of spontaneous beer with an average age of two years and late-picked Oregon Riesling grapes
  • Block 15
    • Ripple - 10th anniversary blend of various barrels from their wild cellars, featuring balanced acidity, nuanced wild character, and bottle conditioned with honey from their beehives
    • Turbulent Consequence Cherry Pit - lambic-style ale matured over two years in barrels, including a year on cherry pits previously used in Turbulent Consequence Bing
  • The Referend
    • Noyaux
    • Avond; de rode boom 2018 - spontaneously fermented golden ale aged for 1.5 years in a single puncheon, macerated with local Pennsylvania rhubarb

Yeah, sad I’m not there, spent so much times on all of this, but happy I’m here, glad I got to watch;)
Saw the wave and love. Thanks all!

Can watch it here:

(Link to media)

Things are just getting started, we have an amazing lineup for OG!!!

Back