Brewpots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corwin6654

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a cheap brew pot for my 5 gallon batches. I'm just doing extract right now, but I got a propane cooker and immersion chiller, so I'm looking to take my brewing outside and go with full boils. I think I want to stick with SS vs. Aluminum. Does anyone have experience with the 40qt pot on http://www.kitchenfantasy.com/shopping_cart/stockpots.html ? It seems like a good price for that big of a pot. Any other recommendations? :mug:Thanks for any help.

That pot is more of a sauce pot rather than a stock pot which will lead to more boil off. It is shaort and wide rather than tall and thin. My preference would be for a pot that is at least as tall as it is wide. Although I'm sure that pot is nice and will work well, but likely will boil off more wort. The encapsulated bottom is IMO of more value when cooking and simmering sauces. You could get a decent aluminum kettle for half that price btw.:mug:

Back