BrewPi fermentation setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addiktion

Reaction score
Hey guys after many google searches and tries I’ve decided to posts my question. All the how to articles seem to be years out of date with RPI software that doesn’t work. I’m running Jessie stretch and trying to install brew pi. I got a php5 error then deleted the 5 from the command line and was able to install BrewPi. However I have no clue how to log into it or open it and at this point I just keep on running scripts that seem to go into the Pi successfully but after it’s done I got nothing. I’ve tried to log into the pi via IP and get the page cannot be displayed. I’ve tried to use http://BrewPi.local and I get the same page cannot be displayed. Anyone run through this that can guide me. I’m clueless with a Pi as it’s the first time I’ve ever touched one. I check voltage everywhere so I do know hardware and wiring are all good. Just can’t figure out software. Any help would be great.
Thanks.

We have an epic BrewPi "classic" thread here https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/...wpi-fermentation-controller-for-cheap.466106/
You might want to have one of the mods move this discussion over there for maximum exposure.

The intrinsic issue you're having is Raspbian Stretch replaced phpmysql5 with phpmysql7, and the latter deprecated some of the version 5 functions used by BrewPi (and RaspberryPints, for that matter).

The work-around is to blow away the Stretch installation and install the last Raspbian Jessie release, which you can download from here https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/NOOBS/images/NOOBS-2017-07-05/
Jessie still had phpmysql5 and in fact other than its Apache2 version moving the default DocumentRoot from /var/www to /var/www/html it's acceptably close to Wheezy wrt installation steps...

hth

Cheers!

Nothing I’m doing works. I followed the direction on the Pi page and it didn’t work. Win32 didn’t work and etcher didn’t work. I’m about to throw this stupid Pi across the room. It worked when I loaded stretch but under any other conditions it’s just a red light and sometimes a rainbow screen. Tomorrow is another fight.

Don't install Python3.
I installed BrewPi on windows by following the instruction except that I did install git, arduino-core, and serial. The only issue I had was python.

So it looks like after another attempt it worked. so the Pi is being loaded and I'm going to try the install. I was going to loose my mind trying to figure this out. hopefully I can get this thing rocking.

An update and maybe someone has a solution. My relay board wasn’t getting power and finally I found the hex file which was next to impossible to find. Installed it and got the red led on the board to come on but neither relay is working. Anyone have a hex file that works?

Back