Brewmasters Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Ed,

Saw this over in the https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f66/bee-cave-brewery-haus-pale-ale-31793/index114.html thread. I think it would be a good idea for you to offer extract versions of Ed Wort's recipes on your new site.

Does anyone know of a website that sells all of the ingredients for the extract version?

The best I've found is Morebeer.com, but they only have:
7 LB Ultralight Malt $16.10
Crystal 15L - 1 lb Milled $3.40
Cascade Pellets (2 oz @ 5.6%) $7.00
Nottingham Ale (11g) $1.60

This is way off of the posted recipe. The Cascade pellets are only 5.6%, so I figured that 2 pack of hops will work, but increase the bitterness pretty sharply.

Will the different kind of Crystal Malt and the extra 0.5# of ultralight malt severely affect the finish product?

Also, Austin HomeBrew is the only place I found that sells Munich, but they don't have all of the other items!

Hey Ed,

Saw this over in the https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f66/bee-cave-brewery-haus-pale-ale-31793/index114.html thread. I think it would be a good idea for you to offer extract versions of Ed Wort's recipes on your new site.

I have thought about putting them on there, but they are EdWort's recipes, and I do not carry the Munich LME that he lists for his version of the extract recipes. I do nto have it exactly and I do not want to take liberties with his recipe and brewery name.

Anyone can always create their own version in Brew Builder.

I got my order on Wednesday. Again excellent service and packaging, and common sense shipping (i.e. not letting yeast and bacteria sit in a hot truck or warehouse over the weekend).

I got my order on Wednesday. Again excellent service and packaging, and common sense shipping (i.e. not letting yeast and bacteria sit in a hot truck or warehouse over the weekend).

Thanks man. We do out best to keep the yeast from sitting in a warehouse all weekend. Not saying it does not happen but we do try to keep it from happen often.

Ed

OK it is time to let the Beta site loose to a few people for testing. The next 10 people that PM me will get to play with the new site.

Thanks,
Ed

Hi Ed,
Do you know what your malto dextrin is made from? is it made from corn, or what?

malto dextrin

I would like to use it for a gluten-free beer.
thanks,
Wendy

From Wikipedia:

Maltodextrin is enzymatically derived from any starch. In the US, this starch is usually corn; in Europe, it is commonly wheat. This is important for coeliacs, since the wheat-derived maltodextrin can contain traces of gluten. There have been recent reports of coeliac reaction to maltodextrin in the United States.[citation needed] This might be a consequence of the shift of corn to ethanol production and its replacement with wheat in the formulation.
Other authorities on gluten maintain the source does not matter because maltodextrin is such a highly processed ingredient that the protein is removed, rendering it gluten free. If wheat is used to make maltodextrin, it will appear on the label. Even so, the maltodextrin will be gluten free.[2]
The nutritional supplement industry and the food industry frequently make claims concerning ingredients derived from common allergens (such as soy, corn and sometimes wheat, which are ubiquitous) stating that the substance in question is so highly and completely processed that none of the original material remains, however, when tested in human blood of allergic individuals these substances do elicit reactions.

Maybe that'll help? Looks like a "Don't risk it" type of response.

Kevin,
Welcome to the forums. We will sell honey at some point, but we are not there as of yet. As we continue to grow and get better at what we currently focus on, beer, then we will look at going into some other areas, such and mead, and wine.

Ed

I'm gonna have to get on the new BrewBuilder pretty soon and order my own shared recipe. I ask you, how cool is that? :D

Edit: Oh, you know what would be really cool... is if we could see how many orders have been placed for recipes we've shared. Just a random wild thought.

Hey Ed, did the database get purged for the new site when it was released? Just curious, my recipes seemed to have disappeared.

Edit: Don't worry, I have backups.

Hey Ed, did the database get purged for the new site when it was released? Just curious, my recipes seemed to have disappeared.

Edit: Don't worry, I have backups.

Yes the database was accidently purged after someone suggested that spices should have a timed component. The recipes were supposed to be backed up but they were not. Thank fully no one had too many recipes in there when it happened. I would cry for 2 days if it happened now.

Sorry,

Ed

Thanks everyone I am glad that you like the new site. A little tip when sharing recipes. go to the My Account section and then member profile. Fill out your profile with your brewery name, and logo. This way you can represent yourself on in the database.

Ed - do you have brown sugars? I was putting together an ESB which needs some... I have no problem going to the grocery store to buy it, but it makes it hard to put together a recipe to share (and makes it out of style, as the ABV is too low).

Ed - do you have brown sugars? I was putting together an ESB which needs some... I have no problem going to the grocery store to buy it, but it makes it hard to put together a recipe to share (and makes it out of style, as the ABV is too low).

No we do not have brown sugars. The recipe notes section is the place to put things that we do not carry and put any additional information about the recipe, like OG with 1 lb of Brown Sugar added. I wish I could have everything that could go into beer, but there is no way to do it at this point.

Thanks,

Ed

I just ordered from them last week. Some of my items were out of stock (yeasts), but Ed called me right away and we found acceptable substitutes. Responsive customer service and very polite. They didn't come across as bothered to deal with a customer like some of the other usual online vendors I've used. Ed told me the delivery would get there in time and it sure did. They've got my business.

Yes the database was accidently purged after someone suggested that spices should have a timed component. The recipes were supposed to be backed up but they were not. Thank fully no one had too many recipes in there when it happened. I would cry for 2 days if it happened now.

Sorry,

Ed

Brought that one on myself then, as I believe I recommended the timed spices. I'll get my recipes added back in again soon.

Brought that one on myself then, as I believe I recommended the timed spices. I'll get my recipes added back in again soon.

I was just messing around. I am not sure what was being updated when the recipes were lost. Thanks for the suggestion, as the spices can now be entered by boil times or primary/secondary.

Ed

Just ordered last night using the new brewbuilder. The only quibble I have is the lack of an obvious way to "buy" immediately after you "save" a new recipe. Other than that, Killer App. Brewbuilder is THE reason I shop there.

Thanks

Just ordered last night using the new brewbuilder. The only quibble I have is the lack of an obvious way to "buy" immediately after you "save" a new recipe. Other than that, Killer App. Brewbuilder is THE reason I shop there.

Thanks

Thanks man I am glad you like the new Brew Builder. There is no easy way to get a buy into the software after you save it. The best way to get a 1 click buy for your recipes is to enter them, save them and share the recipe. That places the recipe into the recipe category, where you can just add it to the cart from now on. I did try to get a buy and save at the same time, but there was just too much going on with trying to buy the recipe, allowing people to remove items they do not want to purchase, and naming/adding recipes notes. Something had to give in order to keep everything working properly.

I am very proud of the new Brew Builder. I think it is one of the most powerful store applications on the web. The programming behind it all is just insane.

Thanks,

Ed

I just ordered from them last week. Some of my items were out of stock (yeasts), but Ed called me right away and we found acceptable substitutes. Responsive customer service and very polite. They didn't come across as bothered to deal with a customer like some of the other usual online vendors I've used. Ed told me the delivery would get there in time and it sure did. They've got my business.

x2....awesome customer service, great packaging of ordered items (the yeast was packaged in foil covered bubble wrap envelopes), and ultra fast shipping <24hrs from door to door. A few of the ice packs were still solid and ice cold.

Just got a call from Ed. The yeast I ordered was not in stock and he was able to recommend another strain (Belgian for a Chimay red clone) and he added a second one for me since I had screwed up my original order. Excellent customer service! And I love the improved web site. I had only ordered once before, but the changes are great. Keep up the good work!

George

The good just keeps getting better. I really like the improvements to the website but I is anyone else having problems with the size of the pictures in the descriptions? When I was trying to place an order the item pictures were large and cover up the "Add to Cart" button so I couldn't add to cart. May just be my crappy laptop at work - will have to try at home with newer browser.

No, everything lines up fine for me. If you're using an old version of IE it doesn't handle CSS very well. I have a similar problem on my website.

-Joe

The good just keeps getting better. I really like the improvements to the website but I is anyone else having problems with the size of the pictures in the descriptions? When I was trying to place an order the item pictures were large and cover up the "Add to Cart" button so I couldn't add to cart. May just be my crappy laptop at work - will have to try at home with newer browser.

I have heard about the problems with the pictures. From what I understand the problem happens in IE6 with certain items. I have let the web guys know about the issue and the browser that is causing it. It should be fixed by tomorrow morning. Sorry about that. If you can use another browser in the mean time everything will work properly.

Thanks,

Ed

That happened to me too, using Chrome, but I thought my browser was just acting up.

That happened to me too, using Chrome, but I thought my browser was just acting up.

What version of Chrome... and where were you logging in? The login form can show up almost anywhere depending on what you're doing.

Using Chrome 3.0.195.6 here... can't replicate. I did just post some CSS tweaks. Might try clearing cache.

-BMW Dev

Yep, 3.0.195.6 here too. But I can't guarantee that's the version I was using when it happened... it's been a few days.

If I see it again I'll get a screenshot and note my browser version number at the time.

Just went back through the site and everything looks fine right now.

Excellent job on the site, by the way. I don't see how it could be much better.

Thanks for the info and screenshot offer. Never had a problem with Chrome so I wanted to check this out. So gald you like the site! Thanks again!

-BMW Dev

Only thing I noticed with Brew Builder is that when I selected a 'wood aged' beer it kept saving it as an american lager. may be doing the same for other types.

I guess i'll have to update my current version (2.0.172.390) One more thing, normally I receive tracking info in a timely manner. When I log on using IE it says it shipped Aug.17th but have not received tracking info yet and I checked my spam folder.

Back