Brewing with kids

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IDK I`m thinking there is a reality show in the brewing here!! They have master chef JR how about brewmaster JR!!! :D

Dehydrate and dry-kid?

If you do use them in the mash, lauter carefully, or at least plan to rack to secondary, they experience quick and significant autolysis at common fermentation temperatures.

IDK I`m thinking there is a reality show in the brewing here!! They have master chef JR how about brewmaster JR!!! :D

I've got the first contestant right here... I'm starting her off slow, she's learning the importance of cleaning and sanitizing for now. She drys/puts away bottles and scrubs my carboys.

254567d1423315300-what-i-did-beer-today-0207050714.jpg

I've got the first contestant right here... I'm starting her off slow, she's learning the importance of cleaning and sanitizing for now. She drys/puts away bottles and scrubs my carboys.

254567d1423315300-what-i-did-beer-today-0207050714.jpg

good stuff!!

my kids are adults but I have a new grandson that will be my helper soon

Teach them to Brew, so you don't have to

They are good for mowing the lawn too !

but seriously, my kid is only interested in coming into the kitchen when it's time for the next addition. I have to caution him not to throw stuff in too vigorously. He missed the pot twice, fortunately it was only irish moss.

I had my two girls help me this last time bottling. My 6 yr old filled the bottles and my 3 1/2 yr old grabbed bottle caps out of the sanitizer and "loaded" the capper. I did have a quick chat with my oldest about not advertising at school that she helped me make beer. I can see the school not seeing it the way i do and getting all bent outta shape about it!

Oh, wait, you all are talking about children, I thought you were talking about kids. They really do poach quite well, and taste quite pleasant in a Billy Goat Stout. The real problem is keeping the hair out of the fermenter.

Latest posts

Back