Brewing with Amoretti

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chcarpenter

Reaction score
So I have access to Amoretti Artisan Natural Flavors (www.amoretti.com/amoretti_artisan_natural_flavors/Artisan Natural Flavors/30/1) and know that a lot of professional breweries are using them along with other Amoretti products. I was wondering if anyone has experience using their any of these flavorings.

My initial thought would be to add the flavoring into secondary since there is sugar that the yeast would ferment. The other option would be straight into a keg, but if someone were to be bottling it would not be possible to add at packaging. Any input into usage?

Reviving old thread since there is very little information regarding this product. I brewed 10 liter batch of Grapefruit IPA with Grapefruit Natural Flavoring from Amoretti.

My additions of this product were as following:
I added 50g to secondary during my first dry hop addition.
I added another 20g during the first day of cold crash when I also added my second addition of dry hops.

During bottling I also counted and added 10g as part of my priming sugar.

The taste was not too grapefruity in my opinion, but of course this is a matter of opinion. I also feel that it would be probably better to use the flavoring only during the bottling. Anyway I tasted the wort many times during the fermentation / cold crash and the flavor was very subtle after the sugars fermented out. That's why I feel that the best way probably would be only adding the product during bottling to the priming. Also it probably depends of what flavor you are using, that how it comes through. Also the style of beer affects.. hops seem to cover the flavor quite easily.

Anyway, seems to be a very good product when it comes to usability. I will report back how the beer tastes after the bottles are mature long enough.

Ok, so I have now tasted the final product and in my opinion the grapefruit taste is very mild. I feel that the yeasts ferments all of the flavor away. Some flavor is still there but for me it is very mild. Probably will try some other flavors like Mango at some point, but I would stick to real fruit / peels.

You are using the syrup? I have found, for kegging, I need to purge with co2 and shake the whole keg to get it to mix, otherwise the thick syrup sinks to the bottom of the keg. The first punt or two is way to syrupy and the rest of the keg is very mild. I wonder if your first few bottles got most of it and the random bottle you tasted was the mild leftovers.

You are using the syrup? I have found, for kegging, I need to purge with co2 and shake the whole keg to get it to mix, otherwise the thick syrup sinks to the bottom of the keg. The first punt or two is way to syrupy and the rest of the keg is very mild. I wonder if your first few bottles got most of it and the random bottle you tasted was the mild leftovers.

Yea it is syrup, but it is not their syrup by name. So it is in jar, not in bottle.

I boiled some water and diluted the syrup there and added that to fermentor.

-H

Back