Brewing TV - Hop Madness 2012

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texabamasota

Reaction score
Hop Madness is setting in and Brewing TV is brewing two over-the-top hop bombs - a Double IPA and an October Ale (not to be confused with an Oktoberfest). Join us for some double hop-back insanity and a high-alpha barleywine/Burton Ale mash-up featuring the freshest Australian hops. Celebrate the hop! [Original postdate: November 16, 2012]

http://brewingtv.com/episodes/2012/10/29/brewing-tv-episode-71-hop-madness-2012.html

Pretty good episode. Maybe next year you can do a backyard fresh picked episode again.

Love the concept of the double hopback. If I ever try it, I'll plan on adjusting a recipe to account for the loss in the hops.

Man,that was a lotta hops! Can you list the name & author of that IPA book? I'd love to check it out. Especially the Burton ales. I did my own extract version of the #3 Burton ale once. I def need to do a couple tweaks to get it even closer to what I think it was.

Thanks kmos. I def want this book. While watching episode 71 of brewing tv listed here,he flipped through the book & I saw info on the Burton ales that were made that way. Gotta have it for that alone. :ban:

FWIW - Mitch's IPA book really is amazing! I'm going to brew the Burton Baton beer(s) of Dogfish Head. It's two beers brewed separately and blended.

@BrewThruYou - AWESOME OBSERVATION!

Back