Brewing Systems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbg

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Been homebrewing for long time. I have a mill, use a cooler-tun, Riptide pump to x-fer my hot liquid, have NG Blichmann burner, and boil in a 15 gallon Boilermaker (has Brewvision and whirlpool arm). I really like my setup but lots of steps up/down to the basement on brew day. My son bought an Anvil Foundry and has got me looking at one.

Anyone make a move to mash-boil system from more traditional? Likes/dislikes?

Thanks
Mike

I went from a cooler and turkey fryer to a grainfather and the simplicity is wonderful.

Thank you I'm looking for simple.

Should have mentioned I still plan to keep my current system because my son and I double batch brew once in a while.

Mike

While I didn't go from a traditional 3V system, I received a Mash & Boil this past Christmas. I never really thought I wanted a mash/boil system and was extremely happy with my stovetop biab situation, but I love it. Takes up less space ( I'm not limited to brewing in our tiny kitchen), easier brew days imo, and just a lot less moving parts. The biggest pain it caused me is that I can brew bigger batches, so I'm hand cranking my mill for a longer time.

While I didn't go from a traditional 3V system, I received a Mash & Boil this past Christmas. I never really thought I wanted a mash/boil system and was extremely happy with my stovetop biab situation, but I love it. Takes up less space ( I'm not limited to brewing in our tiny kitchen), easier brew days imo, and just a lot less moving parts. The biggest pain it caused me is that I can brew bigger batches, so I'm hand cranking my mill for a longer time.
That is what an electric drill is for. LOL :mug:

Back