Brewing Stock Pot Supplier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've purchased some cheap kitchen items from them in the past. Not junk by any means but not top of the line either. As for the 100 gallon stock pot, on the surface it looks good but everything is Asian and it may not be the deal it seems. By the time you weld on all the necessary hardware and fittings, you will add significant cost and erase most of the perceived savings. By the time you add a couple of hundred $$ for welding and a few hundred or more $$ for hardware, how much would you really save over a finished brew kettle? I would look at more than just the bare pot price. That is my opinion, but I always ask myself "Why is it so cheap?" when ever I see a low price.

Looks dubious. Even the "smaller" kettles seem rather high-priced, compared to what you can find on Amazon. I recently bought a 20 gallon ss Concord kettle for $115 shipped. Very well-made, and there are others on the forum who have bought Concord.

For the money, I'd say go with something a little more well-known. Unless you're dying to do 105 gallon batches. ;)

Looks dubious. Even the "smaller" kettles seem rather high-priced, compared to what you can find on Amazon. I recently bought a 20 gallon ss Concord kettle for $115 shipped. Very well-made, and there are others on the forum who have bought Concord.

For the money, I'd say go with something a little more well-known. Unless you're dying to do 105 gallon batches. ;)

You cannot make a 105 gallon batch in the kettle, unless you use the vessel as a fermentor and in this case, you may be able to make 3bbl. BTW, 32X 33" is approx 115 gallons and not 105. I always double check the volume using math against the labeled capacity. The vessel that they label as 70 gallon (24X 32"), actually is 63 gallon, unless I am making some calculation error.

I am actually looking for 100% made in the USA kettles but is quite difficult is this days. I wanna put together a 1bbl system for fun, and the boiler that I need is about this size (100 gallon) to avoid overboils.

I have been evaluating Blichmann 64 galllon boiler, yet it is a two-piece system and also, based on the math, the total volume is 62 and not 64 gallons. For a final 1bbl batch, you will need approx 48 gallon of wort to end with 33-35 of knockdown volume. At 48 gallon, the head space remaining will not be enought to prevent overboils.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks, Nil :mug:

BTW, 32X 33" is approx 115 gallons and not 105. I always double check the volume using math against the labeled capacity.

Are you sure those stated measurements are inside dimensions? Are you sure the dimensions are not including the lip, and/or not rounded to the nearest whole number? If you have your heart set on getting 115g into a kettle advertised as 420qt., you may be disappointed. A thousand bucks is a lot to gamble on somebody's nominal specs. But hey, it's your money. ;)

I am actually looking for 100% made in the USA kettles but is quite difficult is this days.

I highly doubt the kettles touted in your link are USA-made. More likely, Chinese.

Back