Brewing Organization

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squirrels

Reaction score
Today we were out shopping for a way to organize my brewing gear. SWMBO was sick of it taking over half of the basement:cross:.

So we went to Farm and Fleet and picked up a shelving unit that I had seen earlier for around 130. Today it was 85! It holds 4,000 lbs (800 a shelf), so it will hold more than I need. Here it is in all it's glory!

7363758.jpg

Beautiful way to organize my brew gear. Wife is happy and I get to brew more beer now!:mug:

Nice. I have something like that for all my cases (although it is not as full now as it should be).

Let me get this straight. Your boss told you she was tired of your brewing stuff taking up half the basement? Then the boss allowed you to buy a rack to put your stuff on? Then, that made her happy, and now the boss allows you to brew beer? If your sack wasn't in her purse, what you should have done, unless the boss is sole owner of the house. Would be to tell her that your sick of her stuff taking up half of the basement. Then, you should have taken the 85 bucks, added another 60 to it and bought a nice 5 foot stainless steel table with a lower shelf, along with two racks. One for her to put her stuff on. The table and other rack for your brewing stuff. However, it is a nice rack and holds your stuff in an orderly fashion.

^^^ chill

OP, nice shelving, I got more serious about organizing my brewing stuff a couple years ago and made the hobby more enjoyable. I'm using a big walnut shelving unit that I already had.

That looks great. I have one like it plus an old butcher block table. Every brew day I try to take some time to do a little more organizing. Today it was a container for all those little packets of nutrients and such.

So we went to Farm and Fleet and picked up a shelving unit that I had seen earlier for around 130. Today it was 85! It holds 4,000 lbs (800 a shelf), so it will hold more than I need.

Nope. It holds more than you need FOR NOW but I doubt is will hold all you need in a year or 2. I certainly don't see enough space for all the fermenters and base malt and specialty grain and bottles and kegs and ......:D

Back