brewing larger batches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roth_nj

Reaction score
ive been kegging and ive been brewing 5 gallon batches and kegging them in a cornies...

i have a sankie keg ive been thinking about using. but i was told to make at least 10 gallons if i do.

the problem is, what do i use for a primary?

ive searched for big primary buckets but didnt find anything....

suggestions?

two buckets!

There are also larger barrels that can be found around places, but splitting it will allow you to move it easier.

i was thinking of that...

the only thing i was concerned with was it also opens the possibility for more things to go wrong

i was thinking of that...

the only thing i was concerned with was it also opens the possibility for more things to go wrong

Sure it does, but you can sanitize properly and you should be fine. Just pitch the proper amounts of yeast, follow the same sanitation regime you do now, and really I wouldn't worry.

And like Bobby said, there's a ton of room to experiment. I will someday make it to 10 gallon batches and I'll likely be splitting a lot of them.

I do 10 gallon batches exclusively and split the batch between 2 carboys. I usually end up kegging 5 gallons and bottling the rest to save for a later date. This helps me build up a collection of different brews that I have on hand since my kegerator will only hold 2 cornies.

Latest posts

Back