Brewing in Washington

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dadin8tor

Reaction score
Greetings all.

I got a brew setup about 7 years ago and it sat in my garage for the whole time gathering dust. Finally made a new years resolution that I actually kept and brewed my first batch (a porter) on January 3rd. Actually tried to cook it on the 1st, but my noob inexperience required me to consult with my local home brew store to clarify hop quantities. Anyway, my first batch turned out better than I expected. I am down to 10 bottles (out of 28), and I have another batch (cream stout) in the primary, ready to transfer to conditioning.

I am definitely hooked on the home brew process. I am already considering upgrading to all-grain very soon. I am currently searching for my next recipe.

I must say, this is one of the best home brew forums that I have been able to find. A lot of knowledge out there, ready to educate us beginners. Thanks for a great site.

Welcome! This place is pretty great, I found it which my first search and I've never looked for any other forum.

Actually tried to cook it on the 1st, but my noob inexperience required me to consult with my local home brew store to clarify hop quantities.

Welcome from pretty much the same place. The Beer Essentials is great, and it's the only place I buy my stuff from. I've only had one issue there - I was asking a technical question on ciders that I had learned about on here and in fact is so useful it has been stickied - and it was apparent the guy I was talking to wasn't aware of the technique and tried to play it off as a stupid idea. I just nodded and proceeded anyway, with great results. All in all, no complaints with them.

Although they do advocate the use of a secondary....

:D

Welcome to the addiction. I moved away from Puyallup a year ago this month. I got started over there and got my first stuff from The Beer Essentials. Bruce is a good guy to talk to.

Welcome from Graham!

Welcome to the addiction. I moved away from Puyallup a year ago this month. I got started over there and got my first stuff from The Beer Essentials. Bruce is a good guy to talk to.

Agreed! The gang at The Beer Essentials is great.

Back