Brewing again, finally

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't picture myself brewing outside in the mid 20s but i Guess it's all a matter of prospective.
Have fun & enjoy your beer.

enjoy the heatwave! i brewed last weekend in the 20s...dealt with frozen hoses and had to keep shaking my propane tank to keep it flowing.

I can't run my big systems vent fan because it will draw in 4*F outside air, (I brew in the house); so I did a BIAB on the stove top and made 9 gallons. It's been 4 months from my last brew day

Fantastic! I'm happy for you.

#Saisons4Life #AKBrewers #Damnthatscold

Love,

Kelso

Yep, me too. Temp around 30 today instead of the past month of either below zero or major snowstorm each weekend. So, I brewed an Irish Red I've been putting off for a month. It was good to get back in the saddle. :mug:

My 2nd to last brew it was around 17 outside and like 19 in the garage. My beer kept freezing lol. I made sure to put the propane in the house to warm up for a few days. I found that if you are doing all grain and all of your equipment must be transferred from one side of the house to the garage that you stay warm enough while brewing. The cold and use of snow helps with chilling the wort too. Brew on!

It's supposed to finally be above freezing this weekend, so I'll be at it as well!

Since I know that propane doesn't like the cold, one thing I did was put the tank in my(empty) swamp cooler bucket and dump in about a gallon of hot tap water. The propane flow stayed consistently strong.

I'll grill outside all winter but brewing outside in the cold is a pia. I brew 2-5 gallon all grain batches in my kitchen all winter long. I sweat better than i shiver!!
Glad you got to brew!

Trying like hell to get a brew day this weekend. Trying like hell to justify a brew day when I have 85 beers in the closet. I'll win by calling it my birthday beer. It'll be ready by then.

Trying like hell to get a brew day this weekend. Trying like hell to justify a brew day when I have 85 beers in the closet. I'll win by calling it my birthday beer. It'll be ready by then.

Variety is the spice of life!

I can't wait to brew again! I've not been able to as my bottles are all tied up and I can't use them to bottle my two current batches (a saison and a blonde)...

It is related to consumption. But also visitation, as I live in a location distant from most. That means my friends are pretty lazy and can't seem to visit regularly. Go figure...

I have that issue as well, living where I do, it is rare that anyone from out of town visits. Yet, my coworkers always seem to have a hand out.

Back