Brewers Equipment Review

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever happened to the RIMS tubes he was making? I bought one last year. It was a one-piece tube with female threads. I used camlocks on mine. There was something funny about the threads and it took a bit of work to get them sealed, but I finally did.

Did Marcus ever get the stand to you? The 1st had come and gone.

Final update. I finally untangled completely from Marcus. Thanks to American Express I got a refund for my purchase and am ready to take my money elsewhere.

Biggest lesson for me is don't use cash backed Paypal for any purchase above $50.

Good luck to all the rest of you trying to get your money or your goods.

has anyone talkted to this marcus glover latley i have been having a big problem contacting him for the last 2 months and he owes my order or my money....

You are in the same boat as me. I wouldn't expect him to refund you, he wouldn't do it for me. Contact your credit card company, the BBB and the Texas Attorney General's office to file complaints.

If you used Paypal you'll need to contact them too. They have a 45 day limit on liability, but if you call and tell them your story they will probably stop the system from automatically closing your case out.

Also, make sure you spread the word about this guy, His website is still active and I'd hate to think he's still taking people's money and not delivering products.

Final update. I finally untangled completely from Marcus. Thanks to American Express I got a refund for my purchase and am ready to take my money elsewhere.

Biggest lesson for me is don't use cash backed Paypal for any purchase above $50.

Yep. Amex is good for this purpose and PayPal sucks. They leave you hanging after their time limit.

The absolute lesson is DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM http://www.brewersequipment.com as they will take your money and not deliver on time or as promised.

I'm still in the hole since I paid through paypal with a direct bank withdrawl and they don't have any support. But I filed with the Texas AG and the BBB. I also contacted my lawyer and started the steps necessary to take him to small claims court. Before I do this, I'm going to try building my case and talking to the district attorney of Fannin County (where Marcus lies) to see if they have any theft by deceit laws in Texas. The more people that have been wronged by Marcus, the more chance a case has of making it to the DA. If Marcus still owes you money and you want to also file a claim, send me a PM. Even if you don't want to file a case but he still owes you money, let me know. The more information and support each of us has the better chance a case has of making it to the DA. I'm not out to ruin anyone's life - as soon as he gives me a refund I plan on dropping all charges. But hopefully these steps will get Marcus' attention and help him to get back to me.

Yeah, never using PayPal for anything over $50 again.

(Cross post from https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f173/my-brewers-equipment-brewstand-review-sorry-length-272967/ which is another thread on the same topic).

I've contacted my lawyer and started the steps towards filing in small claims court. But there are plenty of steps that can be done before that (like contacting the District Attorney for Fannin County, filing a complaint with the Texas Attorney General) that will hopefully get Marcus' attention enough to get him to issue refunds. If he still owes you money, it would help my case greatly (and yours if you wanted to file one) if we could communicate and share proof of theft (like recepits, emails, etc.). If you are interested in helping out send me a pm. Even if you do not want to pursue a case, just having proof that he was stealing from multiple people would help mine so I would appreciate it.

And like I said on the other post, I'm not out to ruin anyone's life. I just want Marcus to give everyone a refund who is owed one.

I forgot to update with my resolution.

Marcus did ship something to me after I had cancelled our deal, and I refused shipment out of fear of the mess inside the box.

I had paid over Paypal using an AMEX. I disputed the charge with AMEX over their website, who immediately refunded money, with the caveat it can be recharged. Marcus never responded to the dispute. I was sent a letter stating that the refund was for keeps.

I would expect Marcus to either not show up to a small claims case or have such disastrous record keeping of his business that the judge would be enraged.

Something that always scares me is seeing an Order # like 00000114. You know that he has not shipped a lot of items before, this is either his 14th order or hopefully atleast 114th order. I'm sure the margins are thin so therefore don't expect a lot of effort on his end. I'd rather pay another 5%, get my product in a reasonable time frame and know that I can get someone on the phone when needed for support. Thanks for the update on this one, I'll stay away.

I have had the same problem and requested a refund from Marcus to no avail. I also plan to file with county and state. I will get in touch with others this coming weekend by PM once I get home. ( tough to do this via iPhone sitting in an airport).

Although I did receive most of my order, Marcus still owes me some things and I simply can not afford to replace at this time. I have full e-mail transactions regarding him laying to me telling me that the parts would be sent... multiple times dating back to September. These are things I played for almost 5 months ago while i was serving in the Middle East so I don’t think my credit card company will help and there policy is 60 days. I am willing to file with the AG of Texas and BBB I would just like to know how everyone else is going about this. I also did a little research and i believe that he also "owns" a business in honey grove Texas called "Glover Construction" which specializes is tree cutting but I can be certain yet. And if you Google his address listed on brewersequipmwnt.com is isn’t even a valid residence.

Although I did receive most of my order, Marcus still owes me some things and I simply can not afford to replace at this time. I have full e-mail transactions regarding him laying to me telling me that the parts would be sent... multiple times dating back to September. These are things I played for almost 5 months ago while i was serving in the Middle East so I don’t think my credit card company will help and there policy is 60 days. I am willing to file with the AG of Texas and BBB I would just like to know how everyone else is going about this. I also did a little research and i believe that he also "owns" a business in honey grove Texas called "Glover Construction" which specializes is tree cutting but I can be certain yet. And if you Google his address listed on brewersequipmwnt.com is isn’t even a valid residence.

Okay... as a 'competitor vendor' I have kept quiet. 'Serving in the Middle East' are you a soldier? If so, I am beside myself pissed off!!
:mad:

Onehoppyguy, yes I am and thank you. I was deployed to that sand box while I made my purchases to Marcus. Luckily I received the bulk of my order a few months ago before this whole thing blew up. But he still owes me. We should be pissed off for anyone that Marcus took advantage of! His lies have wasted my weeks of a lot of our time and our hard earned wages. A dishonest business man is a poor man no matter how rich he gets... I hope we can find a way to make Marcus rethink his policy of stealing our money and send our business to someone reputable and deserving.

Onehoppyguy, sounds like you might have an opportunity here, Cheers!

If you go to the BBB website (United States and Canada BBB Consumer and Business Reviews, Reports, Ratings, Complaints and Accredited Business Listings) they have an online form you can file a complaint through. I used the zip that was listed on his website,75446.

The Texas AG has an online complaint form as well (https://www.oag.state.tx.us/consumer/complain.shtml). I filed both.

Also, I called Paypal and told them my sob story. The guy at Paypal stopped the system from automatically closing my case since it was past their 45 day limit. I was refunded my money from Paypal after they investigated him.

I am in the same boat. I placed an order in June and have not received any thing other then a couple of tracking numbers that do nothing. I will start by filing a complaint with Texas AG, BBB and Paypal. Any other advice will be greatly appreciated.

Ordered mine on 9/26 and despite repeated calls and emails have heard nothing since...Filed a claim with paypal... We'll see what happens...

Oh, and OneHoppyGuy... I sent you an email through your site. Looks like I'm in the market for a stand again.

Jonathan

Marcus was supposed to build me a full electric brew system, stand, kettles, controller and everything else. He's got over $3K of mine. I filed a complaint with the TX AG, BBB, an PayPal and I'm going to have a talk with my bank tomorrow. I also sent him a request for payment through PayPal for the amout he owes me. PayPal recomended this is it creates a trail if nothing else. The only time he's responded to me in the past three months was last week when I emailed him to cancel my order. Please keep this thread alive and keep posting updates so we can all get our money back.

Thanks,
Brian

This may be of some help to some of you. Apparently the PayPal account for this email is actually property of a Suzann Glover, who listed a customer service email that takes me to another business website which is run by her and a Rick Glover. All parties connect to my PayPal transaction I am going to hold responsible until I am refunded and everyone else should do the same.

Here is a part of the last email I sent to brewersequipment.com

I have sent a request for refund Via PayPal for $125.00. I am sending this email address to all parties above I will continue to hold all above responsible for this refund. I sent my payment to [email protected], but the Account name is under Suzanne Glover and not Marcus so I will be holding you responsible for my refund as well. The customer service email address on your PayPal account is [email protected] and there is more contact information on your website Yellow Rose Kennel top Elhew-bred English pointers including the e-mail address [email protected].

Marcus was supposed to build me a full electric brew system, stand, kettles, controller and everything else. He's got over $3K of mine. I filed a complaint with the TX AG, BBB, an PayPal and I'm going to have a talk with my bank tomorrow. I also sent him a request for payment through PayPal for the amout he owes me. PayPal recomended this is it creates a trail if nothing else. The only time he's responded to me in the past three months was last week when I emailed him to cancel my order. Please keep this thread alive and keep posting updates so we can all get our money back.

Thanks,
Brian

For 3K, he would find me standing at his front door. :mad:

They may be required to stay the deadline since you were serving outside the country. Alternatively, they may voluntarily do it. Calling the credit card company would be the first step in finding out.

I'm curious why nobody has filed criminal action against him.

For 3K, he would find me standing at his front door. :mad:

I think it takes some real balls to rip a bunch of people off for a few thousand. I mean, maybe he feels safe because he's stealing from people generally far away but if someone can spend $3k on brewing in one shot, what makes him think they won't drop another 300 for airfare to get the satisfaction of breaking a knee cap or two? I'm not saying I condone violence, but I'd understand.

Just got off the phone with my credit card company... Got my money back... Screw that scam artist.

Time to start designing a BadAss brewstand...

I emailed them about an electric control panel this morning. Within 15 minutes I got a reply from him that he will have one ready for sale next week. I replied back to email me when it is ready to ship. I probably won't buy it from him though.

I would think credit card companies would stop working with him as a business if they are jus going to charge back the funds anyways

I emailed them about an electric control panel this morning. Within 15 minutes I got a reply from him that he will have one ready for sale next week. I replied back to email me when it is ready to ship. I probably won't buy it from him though.

Probably? Sorry, but you'd have to be a damn moron to order from him at this point if you've read through this thread. I'd understand if you didn't know better, but to do so knowingly...wow.

I was just checking that if he was supposedly closing his business he is apparently still taking orders. I'm not going to order anything.

I don’t think he will be closing the business of ripping people off anytime soon. The actual business of delivering anything except for fake tracking number and fake stories about ripped shipping labels on the other hand has closed months ago....

He emailed back and said this:

OK no problem if you decide you want it give me a call and you can make a small deposit and pay the balance when it is ready to ship.

He emailed back and said this:

OK no problem if you decide you want it give me a call and you can make a small deposit and pay the balance when it is ready to ship.

Damn he is ballsy... I wonder if he would use your "small" deposit to finish someone elses stand... It seems like a Kite scheme of sorts to me... Floating the money around to whomever hasn't gotten a chargeback yet.... Think of all the folks that don't read HBT... Yikes!

Just got off the phone with my credit card company... Got my money back... Screw that scam artist.

Time to start designing a BadAss brewstand...

If you go with one, keep the pic's that Kurt sends you as it progresses up here. I like watching the guys work... I have a thread on here of the work he's doing for me: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/another-brewsteel-badass-brewstands-272495/

The guy comes up with some crazy ideas which is why I went with him... Someone on my thread accused me of advertising for Kurt but, his work is just speaking for itself... I havn't been asked to post for him nor would I give him raving reviews if it hadn't been going so well so far... I'm not sure how many stands he's pumped out so far but, it's been a pleasure to date working with him and I'm in PA... Cheers with whatever you do! :mug:

I believe the dollar amount for Fraud/Theft in the state of Texas for FELONY charges is $1,500 to $19,999.

I wonder if Welcome to BREWERS EQUIPMENT - ALWAYS FREE SHIPPING can be charged for such a felony for their fraudulent practices?

The Attorney General's office of Texas has got to be taking an interest in this guy.

If I don't get my money back I fully intend to file criminal charges. He said the other day he would have it to me within ten days. I'll give him that. But once those ten days are past I'll be calling the AGs and DAs office.

Back