Brewers best whiskey barrel Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drhall23

Reaction score
I made my whiskey barrel stout. And I'm going to add the wood chips to the secondary. I started soaking the wood chips and Makers Mark whiskey last night in a mason jar.
How long do you think I should allow the woodchips to soak? And when I'm ready to add it to the secondary should I add the whole thing woodchips and excess whisky or just the woodchips in a grain bag?

I soak for a week, then dump it all in. I go light (qty) if I am going to age it for awhile, or add more and sample frequently if I am going to rack off the chips in a shorter time period.

That recipe is plain BadAzz! I couldn't make it enough after the first time. I did as Cyclman and let them soak a week and chunked everything in. I DID use JD though. As soon as I get my Man-Cave built and my brew equipment organized(in a storage unit right now) I'm making it again. Pretty darned good beer if you ask me. Or if you ask my friends...... :)

Latest posts

Back