Brewer's Best Licorice Drops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayDubWill

Reaction score
I'm doing a 10gl batch and would like a nice subtle licorice flavor. I'm not sure if 1 bag (7 drops) would give me that in 10 gallons or if it would be over the top with licorice flavor. If you've used these before, when did you add them to the boil and how was the flavor?

Attachments

• 2020-01-11 18.06.37.jpg
    2020-01-11 18.06.37.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 33
In case anyone else is searching for the same info I'll post my experience with these Brewer's Best licorice drops. I pulled a 1/2 gallon of strike water at 160f just to see how they melt and the strength of a single drop. It melted just fine and added no color to the water at all. The smell was pretty intense but the flavor was very mild with a single drop. I brewed a 10gal batch of amber lager and decided to use four drops at flame out. It will be about six weeks before the beer is ready, and i'll update the post again after I taste it.

In case anyone else is searching for the same info I'll post my experience with these Brewer's Best licorice drops. I pulled a 1/2 gallon of strike water at 160f just to see how they melt and the strength of a single drop. It melted just fine and added no color to the water at all. The smell was pretty intense but the flavor was very mild with a single drop. I brewed a 10gal batch of amber lager and decided to use four drops at flame out. It will be about six weeks before the beer is ready, and i'll update the post again after I taste it.

I know I’m reviving this old thread but I’m interested in your results and opinion about the dosage rate. How did it turn out?

Back