Brewer's Best Hazelnut Flavoring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slanty_Shanty

Reaction score
Hello, everyone! I'm planning to keg my chocolate-hazelnut porter on Tuesday, and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this particular brand of hazelnut flavoring. It was all my LHBS had, so I had to go with it, even though I've never used it. The bottle actually says to use 4oz (the whole bottle) per 5 gallons, which seems like an awful lot. My batch is actually only a 2.5 gallon one, but I'm leery of using 2oz. When I made this recipe years ago, I used actual extract (which I assume is stronger), but I wasn't able to get any this time. I don't remember how much extract I used (although I feel like it was a tsp or two at most), and I can't find my notes on that brew, of course (that would make things far too easy).

Does anyone have any experience with Brewer's Best hazelnut flavoring?

Thanks!

I used 2oz per 5 gallon batch and seemed to give a good hazelnut flavor. I also used half the coco powder which seemed to give a good chocolate flavor as well. Gonna try 4oz and all the coco powder on my next batch.

AaronSG, was it the Brewer's Best?

And nice, I've used cocoa powder before, and it's turned out well. I used cacao nibs this time - I'm eager to see how that flavor comes through!

Yes it was Brewers best, and had a nice hazelnut flavor. I might even use three ounces next batch to not make the hazelnut flavor too strong. Post how the cacao nibs turn out in comparison to the powder. :)

Back