Brewers Best Gluten Free Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arhomebrew1

Reaction score
I made the Brewers Best Gluten Free Ale. It tastes good, but with low carbination. I used the 5oz sugar packet. 10 days primary, 2 weeks secondary. Any suggestions?

More time....my gf beers take much longer than barley beers to carb and condition.

They are typically best after 2 months and longer

I'd consider my batch of that to be rather low carbed too. I think I left mine in primary for 9 days (thanks work schedule!) and then bottled. Sat room temp before moving them to the fridge for 2 weeks. I moved them in groups do some bottles were bottle conditioning for almost a month.

But I didn't use the included bottling sugar, I used 2 packets of table sugar per 16oz PET bottle. I...forget exactly why I did this.

Side note, after a month and change in the fridge, it tastes more hoppy than it did at the first tasting.

glutarded-chris said:
What temp did you have the bottles at during carbonation? My GF batches carb within 2 weeks at 72 to 76F.

70ish, maybe a little less.

But some bottles stayed out of the fridge for nearly a month. I mean it's still a decent beer, IMO.

FWIW I have a batch of what otherwise would be Igs' no nonsense stout, and it seems to have had no carb problems. I haven't opened any yet, but the plastic bottles are nice and hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

+1 about GF beers taking a little longer to carb up, I always give mine 2 weeks minimum though they seem mostly carbed after about 1 week.

Latest posts

Back