Breweries / Brewpubs / Beer Bars in the Minneapolis area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptYesterday

Reaction score
So I'm going to Minneapolis for a month for work. Where do I have to go while I'm in town? I've heard of Surly, but that's about it.

the summit brewery in st paul, buster's on 28th (awesome pub), the happy gnome, townhall brew pub, harriet brewing company.

The Town Hall is a great place. Definitely a great atmosphere. Herkimer isn't too bad either. It's German themed and the beer is good.
I've never been to Summit but their beer is great.

I've always liked lunches at Barley John's (Roseville) as well. You should also make pilgrimages to both Northern Brewer and Midwest supplies.

Also, if they're not distributed in Cleveland, Schell's makes some great German style lagers.

Oh yes, if you want to do the Surley tour, take a look at their tour FAQ. You need to register in advance as they fill up quickly. They open registration 3 weeks in advance of the tour.

I'm in St. Paul, but if looking for a beer bar, it's worth the trek to check out The Happy Gnome and The Muddy Pig. Both have great beer selections and they aren't too far from eachother.

Here's the tap beer menu and the bottled beer menu for The Happy Gnome.

Here's the tap menu and the bottled beer menu for The Muddy Pig.

Depending on your mood, the Muddy Pig is much more laid back, but both are great for beer.

I really like gasthov's (sp?). It's a nice german restaurant upstairs and a fun bar downstairs. I think it was on man vs. food.

For a decent tap choice and pretty good bar food, I like Herb & Stubb's.

I really like Surly's Tap Room, Town Hall, Rock Bottom, Muddy Pig, and Happy Gnome. Good food at Happy Gnome, too!

Maybe send SeeBeeJohn a message, and ask him for more suggestions. He is my "go to" expert on the Twin Cities!

Cool! thanks for all the suggestions. Should be enough to keep me busy when I'm up there. Hopefully I'm on a tour at Surly in 6 days.

Back