Brewed my first 3 batches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lepersquatch

Reaction score
I brewed 3 batches over the weekend. The first was NB Honey Brown ale extract w specilaty. The second Witbier also NB extract with specialty, The third NB extract with specialty Irish Red. Everything went well except the Brown. Fermented @ 76-78 degrees for one day and stopped. I used dry yeast for it without a starter. It went nuts for the first day. Not worried just sayin.

You brewed your FIRST three batches? In one weekend?
You rock:rockin:

Congrats and I hope the brown comes out OK!
Keep us posted!

Your brown is probably finishing up. I'm sure it fermented quite quickly due to the high temperatures (and also explains the vigorous fermentation). Hopefully there aren't too many fusel alcohols.

I would definitely suggest watching those temperatures. 76-78 is too high and you will get fusel alcohols from that. 66-70 is where you want to be.

I think it stopped because it went crazy for 1 day and then nothing. Temp came down. Carboys are in the basement at about 62-65 degrees ambient. The brown shot way up in temp during ferm.

I think it stopped because it went crazy for 1 day and then nothing. Temp came down. Carboys are in the basement at about 62-65 degrees ambient. The brown shot way up in temp during ferm.

How big was your batch? It sounds like you might have over pitched it.

Its cool bb im just going to RDWAHASBB unitl I can have a homebrew.:D

You're doing something right.

If I can suggest, do your best to wait them out. I drank my first 3 batches WAY too soon. Bottle, Carb, and Condition. I am doing 4 weeks minimum in bottles. It makes a huge difference.

Thats what ive read but now know how difficault it is. I got apfelwein comming up soon so I just may get crocked off that while I wait. :cross: :drunk:

The Brown came out great, the wit and red I undercarbed, the wit the worst with almost no carb. Red is good but slightly on the strong side. Is ok though. :)

Back