Brew tunes and you...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andre the giant

Reaction score
What are your "brew tunes?" A comment in the "Brew day" thread made me wonder.

Last time I brewed, I played hard rock tunes like ACDC, Limp Bizkit, Red Hot Chili Peppers and the like for my IPA.

The Chocolate porter got a dose of 70's one hit wonders like Player's "Baby come back" and Pablo Cruise's "Love will find a way."

And the Bass clone got to listen to a whole lot of Phish, Keller Williams, Trey Anastasio, Ben Harper and Sam Phillips.

What puts you in the best mood to brew?

that's great! i was listening to ZZ Top's "Tres Hombres" and "Their First Album" when I brewed my Amber Cerveza a few weekends ago.....

Mexican Blackbird Especial' Cerveza......dont worry, i won't steel the name ;^)

DeRoux's Broux said:
Mexican Blackbird Especial' Cerveza......dont worry, i won't steel the name ;^)

That's exactly what I was thinking....I want to make a dark lager with the yeast strain from Corona....MEXICAN BLACKBIRD.... :D
Take the name, I certainly don't own it--in fact we should come up with a recipe together and test it out--see what we can come up with! :cool:

i used the White Labs Platinum Series Mexican Lager Yeast for my cerveza. I KNEW I SHOULDA BOTTLED THAT YEAST CAKE AND SAVED IT!!!!!!!!

good idea........make a swarzbier type maybe.........mexican lager yeast.........maybe some high octane stuff???????
i'll just stick with my Cerveza Mayo for this one. i don't think it's worthy of the "Mexican Blackbird Especial Cerveza" name. we could call it punta for short! :~O

How about (other free names...)

Mexicalirona
Mexirona (Mexican Corona)
Tejas Bordello (my favorite)
MexiTea
any title with "Tumbleweed" in it (too many "Lone Wolf" and "Armadillo" names out there already)

I named my Chili Pepper beer "Deguello" many years ago. I'll be doing another batch this year when the peppers come up in the garden.

"Deguello" is the name of the song played during the rebellion by the Texican traitors at the Alamo. They were offerred "No Quarter" by Generalissimo Santa Anna.

Also a ZZ Top LP name.

homebrewer_99 said:
I named my Chili Pepper beer "Deguello" many years ago. I'll be doing another batch this year when the peppers come up in the garden.

"Deguello" is the name of the song played during the rebellion by the Texican traitors at the Alamo. They were offerred "No Quarter" by Generalissimo Santa Anna.

Also a ZZ Top LP name.

hey now, your talk'n to a native Texican here :D i knowthe Alamo history, and even more ZZ Top. they brain wash you with that stuff when your raised in TX!!! :p
Deguello is one of the best they ever did: I'm bad, I'm nation wide, Fool for your Stockings, Dust My Broom, etc, etc. aahhh, good memories.......

DeRoux's Broux said:
i used the White Labs Platinum Series Mexican Lager Yeast for my cerveza. I KNEW I SHOULDA BOTTLED THAT YEAST CAKE AND SAVED IT!!!!!!!!

good idea........make a swarzbier type maybe.........mexican lager yeast.........maybe some high octane stuff???????
i'll just stick with my Cerveza Mayo for this one. i don't think it's worthy of the "Mexican Blackbird Especial Cerveza" name. we could call it punta for short! :~O

When I was thinking about doing that beer and naming it that, I was laughing to myself about making it a chile beer and taking the line from the song about "she's hot as a pepper but smooth as a mexican brew"....That song just screams to me, MAKE THIS BEER!!!!!!!!

LOL...Good stuff guys....

my wife and i went to eat at our favorite mexican joint last night. ya know the type. been around for 50 years, old newpaper clippings and old neon beer signs on the walls. i asked her if she'd ever heard "Mexican Blackbird" before, and of course, she hadn't (she's 5 yrs younger than me, poor child!). so i opted to mimic a few verses over our fajita chicken nachos......she didn't seem too amused :~) but, the Dos Equis Amber was smmmmoooottthhhh as the Mexican Blackbird, baby!!!!! LOL!

DeRoux's Broux

Back