Brew Stand Water Plumbing Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigJay13

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a three vessel EHERMS system waiting for water in my basement--similar to an electric brewery setup. I have a kitchen sink mounted in a bathroom vanity I ripped out of a house to the left of the stand. I'm finally ready to plumb some water to it. Eventually I want to do an RO system mounted above the HLT that will also serve as RO tap water in the kitchen--besides that what should I do for water to the kettles? I was thinking tap water to the HLT (I usually mix tap and RO), water for the steam condenser by the BK--could also be used to mix brewing liquor--, water to the sink to the left of the brew stand, and water to the plate chiller mounted under the stand. All would be cold water except one line of hot to the sink. I tried to post a picture of my setup but I am computer illiterate and couldn't figure out how to make it the appropriate file size. Oh well!

fwiw, I installed a 100gpd RO system in my brew space and cobbled up an Arduino Mega256 controller that runs the system nightly to keep the membrane "fresh" and can also be programmed to fill my brew rig with a specific volume (typically, somewhere between 18 and 22 gallons). Also, I original ran a line up to our kitchen fridge icemaker/chilled water dispenser but after a month or so The Spousal Unit and I agreed we liked our artesian well water better than RO for drinking...

Cheers!

fwiw, I installed a 100gpd RO system in my brew space and cobbled up an Arduino Mega256 controller that runs the system nightly to keep the membrane "fresh" and can also be programmed to fill my brew rig with a specific volume (typically, somewhere between 18 and 22 gallons). Also, I original ran a line up to our kitchen fridge icemaker/chilled water dispenser but after a month or so The Spousal Unit and I agreed we liked our artesian well water better than RO for drinking...

Cheers!
I wish I was talented enough to do an Arduino controller haha! I would love to know how to set one of those up to automate the amount of brewing water needed for the HLT!

We have very hard, chlorinated water so I doubt we would choose our tap water over the RO. The house I grew up in probably didn't have great brewing water but oh my god it had the best tap water to drink right out of the well.

Back