Brew Smith `stupid noobe question #?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kartracer2

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm evaluating BS 2, (not enough computer for ver3). Why do I have calendar listings for 3 brews but only have brewed 1? There is no brew log file/folder in "my recipies" so why did they go to the calendar?. How do I remove said rouge recipies? TIA.

Joel B.

Go to 'Options' > 'Brewing' > Calendar options. You can select the parameters which you want the recipes to appear on the calendar. By default, all recipes will appear, but you can set it to show only those in the brew log folder and I would also recommend setting it so that only recipes with your name as the brewer (which you can also set in that options section) will show.

The other thing I do is to set the date for every recipe to 1/1/2001 until I copy it to brew log and set the brew date.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help again Oginme.
I used the name option to cure my ills. But as I stated in my OP I can't seem to find the brew log folder. There is no folder with that name below my "My Recipes". Oh,,, and how does BS know if I actualy "brew" a recipe or not?

Thanks again,

Joel B. :mug:

If you highlight the recipe and then in the ribbon bar click on 'copy to log', BeerSmith will set up the Brew log folder for you. It will then appear on your folder list.

BeerSmith does not actually know if you have brewed a recipe or not. One of the reasons for using the Brew Log option is that you can keep your recipe intact and then use the copy of the recipe in Brew Log to record your brew day data and notes. Each time you brew it, you can 'copy to log' the recipe from outside and you will get a new copy to work with inside brew log. The program can sort the recipes by brew date to see the latest brewed versus the earliest if you want to keep them in that order.

There are a variety of ways people use the 'brew log' folder. A query on the BeerSmith forum will give you some options based upon how others use it.

Ah yes OK ,, It worked. Not that I doubted that it would,,LOL Thanks again.
But why did the other recipes go to the Calendar if I didn't add them to the Brew Log?.

Joel B.

But why did the other recipes go to the Calendar if I didn't add them to the Brew Log?.

If you have the calendar options to show all recipes it will show recipes regardless of which folder they are in. If you limit the calendar to show only those recipes in the brew log, then only those recipes will be shown. See my first response in this thread.

Thanks again. I am dense, I missed this >
The other thing I do is to set the date for every recipe to 1/1/2001 until I copy it to brew log and set the brew date.
That is why I saw the two other recipes that I had messed with. I had made changes to them and changed the date to reflect that. All other recipes are in the calendar as you stated but were dated way back (2010 - 2013) and I didn't see them because of that. I made the other changes as you said (my name and created the brew log) and it's working as I would expect it to. Sorry for not understanding what and why you were telling me, Some times the trees get in the way of the forest.

Thanks again,

Joel B. :mug:

Back