Brew pubs filling corny kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mh-brews

Reaction score
I was wondering how common it is for a brew pub to fill a corny for ya. LB in hays kansas filled myne up and just charged me the regular 5 gallon price. They also sell regualr 1/6th 1/4 and 1/2 barrels. I had to lend them my disconnects though.

Not too common, and for a reason... its pretty much illegal. At least in California where the law says you cant even fill a growler from a different place. Luckily most brewers are homebrewers and hook it up anyway. They also save money because there is no cost incurred for cleaning, and no risk in losing a keg.

I know of at least one local brew pub here in Michigan that will gladly fill a corny for ya. No idea what they charge though.

America's Brewing Company in Aurora, IL will fill a corny while you wait for $35 + tax. If your keg is dirty they will clean and sanitize as part of the deal but that takes 45 min otherwise if you bring it in ready to go, you're in and out in 10 - 15 min.

The one around me will, but not from a tap. You gotta drop off your corny, and wait for the next time the brewer kegs that particular beer that you want. He'll then keg your corny with the rest of the lot and you go pick it up. It's fresh at least :D

America's Brewing Company in Aurora, IL will fill a corny while you wait for $35 + tax. If your keg is dirty they will clean and sanitize as part of the deal but that takes 45 min otherwise if you bring it in ready to go, you're in and out in 10 - 15 min.

$35! Why brew:D

1 out of 3 brewpubs here in Santa Fe will fill my Corny's. I bring the keg in sanitized and pick it up 24 hours later cold and carbonated. Usually runs about $65 after tax and tip.

Breworks in Lehigh Valley said they would do it for their standard 5 gallon price ($80 for their flagship beers, possibly more for seasonals). They use sanke connection cornies for some of their brews. The price made me feel better about my brews. Growler fills are $8.

My local brewery gladly filled mine, haven't tried/asked at rock bottom or either of the smaller places.

no, that's not really a deal....
$1.50 * 6 = $9

at the liquor store a lot of micro is around $60 for a 1/6th. you can get a 1/4 of sprecher for 60-70

No dice at Granite, Propeller, or Garrison in Halifax... By the sounds of it, if I had a commercial keg, they'd fill it, but not a corny.

no, that's not really a deal....
$1.50 * 6 = $9

at the liquor store a lot of micro is around $60 for a 1/6th. you can get a 1/4 of sprecher for 60-70

But your not in a liquor store, your in a bar, id be hard pressed to find any bar/micro that sels thier beers at 1.50 per..

But your not in a liquor store, your in a bar, id be hard pressed to find any bar/micro that sels thier beers at 1.50 per..

You aren't drinking it at the bar though so it really is no different than buying at a liquor store.

a few places around here will do it for ya. depending on the place and what kinda beer it's 30-50 or so.

I have had a few sanitized and filled at Haverhill Brewing Co in MA.

I have gotten Michigan Brewing Company IPA for $40 one time. You shoulda seen the jealous looks as I carried it through the taproom to the car!

I know at least Shorts will fill too, and a good price. I have not gotten up there yet, but plan to. The keg fill prices and whatnot are on their website.

I think there is 1 other here in Mich. that will do it, but I can't recall off the top of my head.

EDIT: Right Brain has keg fills, but they cost $60. It sounds like you can actually buy the keg from them. The deposit on a keg is $30...

Bells and New Holland will sell Sanke Kegs to you, but won't fill your Corney's...

Latest posts

Back