Brew Pot Thermometer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

balazs

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the most accurate 1/2 MPT thread thermometer to buy around the 30-40 dollar range? I've heard miljoco is really good. Does anyone have experience with this brand? I want a thermometer that will give me a temp within a half degree accuracy and not -/+ 5 degrees like I've read some do. Thanks in advance for the input. CHEERS!

When I was converting my keggles I did the same research and ended up going with the Blichmann BrewMometers. They are very accurate and easy to read, that is, if you're not looking for digital.

I use the ones that bargainfittings sell. They seem to be fine so far, but I only used them for three batches so far. They are adjustable to get them zeroed in. for those of you using digital thermos with 1/2"MPT, where are you getting them?
thanks!
tom

I got the Blichmann welded brewmometer a few weeks back. I think I paid about $35 inc shipping from rebelbrewer.com.

I really like it. It is big, clear to read and solidly built. The only negative initially was that I could not get it to sit on the pot facing straight up. I tried a bunch of times and each it was facing upside down or on the side. I re-read the instructions and it says not to over tighten. So I loosened it way off so that it is straight. I used teflon tape and so far no leaks.

Back