brew pot lid broke

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monk420

Reaction score
got done brewing last week cleaned everything .went to check on beer today.and i noticed the lid on my pot was a little warped. so i went to look at it the handle feel off were it was tack welded. and the lid was hooved up. can i just weld that back on or can i find a replacement lid. i really only use it to cover the pot after the boil to cool it with the wort chiller. it's a stainless steel 8 g kettle w lid

I still have my lid, but its covered in dust, grime, and other random sh*t because I've never used it in the 3 years that I've had the kettle. If you can't fix your lid with any of the above advice, just use some aluminum foil over the top while you're chillin'

You don't need a lid for your BK. Just throw it out, or use it for a sled or something.

If you put the lid on for cooling, wouldn't that actually keep heat in? The only reason I have my lid is because the pot came with it. It works great for keeping dust out of the kettle when I'm not using it, but that's about it.

If you put the lid on for cooling, wouldn't that actually keep heat in? The only reason I have my lid is because the pot came with it. It works great for keeping dust out of the kettle when I'm not using it, but that's about it.

Concerning cooling.

If your brew kettle lid is secure and wouldn't fall off at the slightest nudge, would a good method of cooling be putting the lid on, then sticking in a shower running with freezing cold water?

I also don't have a lid.... I don't see a need for one, but the sanitized spoon rest isn't a bad idea! :)

i don't have a garage so all my brewing is done outside. So after i take it off the heat i like to cover just so no radom stuff falls into it

Back