Brew noob in VA, reporting for duty!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shrewd_Alchemist

Reaction score
Hello all!

My name is Jake and while I am a relative noob compared to some of you guys, I'm not completely green. I brewed my first batch about 4 years ago. I wasn't an avid brewer at the time, maybe 4-5 batches a year. In January I decided that I wanted to start kegging since bottling is such a pain and I came across this site while scouring the interwebs for kegerator builds. I have been lurking ever since.

While this site has been good to me, it has cost me a fair amount of money as well! I now own a sanyo 4916 kegerator (with two taps) and I just purchased a new all-grain setup. I have only made one all grain batch so far, the orange wheat that is popular on here. I'll be brewing a pale ale this coming weekend:D I'll post some pictures once my post count gets a little higher, until then, hello and prost! :mug:

Well here we go, my first all grain - the orange wheat!

picture.php

I actually used wyeast american wheat for this as I don't like a bunch of clove and spice from my yeast. I also used cascade hops to make it a tad more american. This keg is fading fast, my neighbors keep coming over to "sample"

right outside of richmond, in Powhatan county. I work in richmond, it's just a short commute but I have a few more sticks around my house. It keeps the crazy people out! :p

Welcome.. There are a few of us from Richmond on here.

You got that right about the crazy people, I live here in the city and they are everywhere...

Back