Brew night in Montana.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Montana

Reaction score
Just fired her up. 20 gal. Of Imperial blonde ale. More pics to come.

image-1925042075.jpg

image-1568113163.jpg

How's Montana this time of year? Havning lived in Biliings for a few years when I was younger, it doesn't surprise me that that garage door is only half up.

djfriesen said:
How's Montana this time of year? Havning lived in Biliings for a few years when I was younger, it doesn't surprise me that that garage door is only half up.

Aint that the truth. It's actually pretty nice today. Pushing 40 degrees. Up from -31 last week.

Here's the boy and the dog enjoying a nice winter evening while dad is brewing.

image-2043156248.jpg

Nice. Ya, I always thought those Chinook winds were goofy. Where else can you have a 50+ degree swing over the course of 36 hours?

periwinkle1239 said:
Wow that is a full kettle. I would have a hard time taming the boil! Awesome setup though!

Get fermcap and no worries on the boil over.

image-752702198.jpg

Wort chiller in the boils to kill any bacteria, also been sitting in star San . I have a conversion chiller too. But don't know how to use it. This wort chiller is Dyi with 50 ft of copper. Gets the wort to 70 in about 15 mins.

image-357395391.jpg

things went well tonight. I missed the OG a little. Ended up at 1.066 instead of the target of 1.071. smelled great though and hit the temps etc right on the head all night. It's a pretty full fermenter, hope it doesn't blow over. that would really make swmbo mad.

I'll let you know how it turns out. Not sure how many will read this thread, but oh well.

Cheers! Back to work tomorrow.:mug:

Just fermenting now. Almost ready to rack the new moon in a few days too. It's in the secondary's you see here.

image-1334110760.jpg

Nice set-up. Billings boy here, out in Oregon now. Not sure I miss all that snow, although I do miss good ol Montana. Happy Brewing.

laversmp said:
Nice set-up. Billings boy here, out in Oregon now. Not sure I miss all that snow, although I do miss good ol Montana. Happy Brewing.

Are you one of the billings crew from 95,96,97 that lives in Portland?

Nice setup Montana, and I love the snow in your yard, doesnt look like we will be getting any snow here in NC, hope that brew is a good one, later dude.

Nice setup Montana, and I love the snow in your yard, doesnt look like we will be getting any snow here in NC, hope that brew is a good one, later dude.

Thanks Jagg. I will trade my weather for your weather, but only in the winter.:drunk:

Are you one of the billings crew from 95,96,97 that lives in Portland?

No, I guess I'm one of the older Billings crew. I've been in Oregon for almost 19 years. Was back in town in August for my 30-year BSHS reunion. I try to get back one week a summer, lots of friends still there.

laversmp said:
No, I guess I'm one of the older Billings crew. I've been in Oregon for almost 19 years. Was back in town in August for my 30-year BSHS reunion. I try to get back one week a summer, lots of friends still there.

Go broncs!

Back