Brew Clubs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darth5aint

Reaction score
I've been brewing for a year now and have made the jump to AG. I've heard of brew clubs but don't really know what goes on at meetings. Do they tend to be swap meets, people just hanging out enjoying brews swapping stories, do you brew together at meetings. Anyone in Chicago who has insight to the local clubs would be great as that's were I live.

I don't know what goes on at other club meetings but at mine (Vanbrewers in Vancouver BC) someone gives a quick talk (usually a local brewmaster or club member who has built something interesting to demo) and then everyone just hangs out and tries each others homebrew. Its a great way to get feedback and inspiration from other brewers and meet like-minded brewers to trade ingredients and nerd out on beer with.

I go to the local club in Columbus Ohio (SODZ). They typically do a technical talk, sometimes a style profile/tasting, and then general club business like upcoming activities, membership, president's talk, etc. After that it is some hanging out and tasting :tank:

Back