Brett in prairie funky galaxy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssray2000

Reaction score
I was really amazed by the level of funk in the prairie funky galaxy.
Does anyone know what strains of Brett they use? Is it something they isolated in their own neighborhood or a commercial Brett version?

Does anybody know what they use for primary?
So seems that they bottle condition with the Brett and the wine yeast.
Feeling like brewing a saison type beer inspired by drinking some Prairie beers. I really enjoyed the funky flavors from a couple different prairie beers- prairie ale, and eli5abeth(?)

Any guidance welcomed

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Does anybody know what they use for primary?
So seems that they bottle condition with the Brett and the wine yeast.
Feeling like brewing a saison type beer inspired by drinking some Prairie beers. I really enjoyed the funky flavors from a couple different prairie beers- prairie ale, and eli5abeth(?)

Any guidance welcomed

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Did you ever make anything like this?
I'm thinking about it. I have a housestrain of Saison w/ Bret L and Brett B included.....

Funky Galaxy is one of my favorites. Last year I brewed an American Pale Wheat and tossed in some Funky Galaxy dregs in the primary. I wanted that brux barnyard funkyness that it had from a fresh bottle. The beer came out amazing and had the same galaxy aroma and funk that we love. If I had to guess I would say the two strains of brett are bruxellensis and claussenii. I just popped open one of my last beers and it has an intense fruity pineapple flavor that really stands out now that its been aging for a while.

Latest posts

Back