Brett bottling dilemma

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

centralpabrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I brewed an Old Ale last May. After primary fermentation, I pitched some Brett C. and let it sit on Oak for 6 months. Then this past February, I put some campden tablets in it to kill the Brett before bottling. I let it sit for about another 4 months.

When bottling in May, I added 3oz of priming sugar and pitched a fresh pack of S05 and added 4ml of lactic acid.

It's been almost four weeks in the bottle, and it is pretty much flat. There is a little carbonation, but very little. I was thinking of opening all the bottles and adding some Cooper's Carb drops and maybe a touch of dry yeast to each one.

Would this be a good idea, or should I just wait a while longer? It has a good flavor, kinda pineapply, and a nice leather smell from the Brett. Just no carbonation.

I say wait it out.

The carb-tab and yeast operation is just asking for over-carb and infection problems.

Back