Breaking Bad!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I'm the only guy in America who likes Skylar? The look she shot Hank when Hank made Marie giver her back the baby was wicked. She's the only one who even remotely deserves to benefit from all the blood money IMHO. Jesse's character has always been love/hate for me. He's too volatile for my tastes. At some point you've got to be a man and recognize your responsibility in all of it. I do think suicide is consistent with his character's state of mind over the last couple seasons or so...in fact, ever since he murdered Gail.

I hope she dies a terrible death... Something with her face melting off after she loses a limb or three

So that's a yes. I'm the only guy in America who likes Skylar. Woman stands by her man through all that, and that's not enough loyalty for you guys. Hope your SWMBO isn't taking notes. :p
JK/BB

:mug:

Breaking Brown Ale

6.00 lb Pale Malt, Maris Otter (3.0 SRM) Grain 56.34 %
1.00 lb Munich Malt - 20L (20.0 SRM) Grain 9.39 %
1.00 lb Oats, Flaked (1.0 SRM) Grain 9.39 %
0.55 lb Brown Malt (65.0 SRM) Grain 5.16 %
0.50 lb Biscuit Malt (23.0 SRM) Grain 4.69 %
0.50 lb Carastan (35.0 SRM) Grain 4.69 %
0.50 lb Chocolate Malt Crisp Pale (200.0 SRM) Grain 4.69 %
0.50 lb Special B Malt (180.0 SRM) Grain 4.69 %
0.10 lb Roasted Barley (300.0 SRM) Grain 0.94 %
1.00 oz Goldings, East Kent [5.00 %] (60 min) Hops 17.3 IBU
1.00 oz Fuggles [4.50 %] (10 min) Hops 5.6 IBU
Thames Ale Yeast

Mash 155, Sparge 172

It's really ****ing good.

I don't know if it was a huge reach, because he was always suspicious about WTF happened to that cigarette, and he has grown more wary of Walt over time, to the point where he clearly doesn't trust a single thing Walt says at this point. So, I imagine that one of the things he has spent a lot of time doing while sitting around by himself in his apartment is going over all the things that have happened in recent history, and re-evaluating the context in light of his knowledge that Walt has been manipulating him for such a long time.

He knew Gus didn't poison Brock, but he also knew that Walt desperately needed his help to take Gus down. Jesse might be an uneducated manic-depressive drug addict, but he does have the occasional insight.

But remember Walt planted the fake ricin in Jesse's Roomba. To date I dont' believe they explained Jesse knowing about that.

Wow, I wish you would avoided that information. Not quite a spoiler, but too much information ::smh::

How long are we supposed to sit on commentary from the latest episode? I'm asking sincerely, I don't want to spoil anything from anyone, but I referenced the latest episode in my comments earlier as well. Thought once it aired it was free game......

How long are we supposed to sit on commentary from the latest episode? I'm asking sincerely, I don't want to spoil anything from anyone, but I referenced the latest episode in my comments earlier as well. Thought once it aired it was free game......

I could care less if there was only a 1 second delay after the closing credits and we start talking about the show. My post revered to the comment that Skyler makes it to the last episode.....that uncovering the future.... :c

I could care less if there was only a 1 second delay after the closing credits and we start talking about the show. My post revered to the comment that Skyler makes it to the last episode.....that uncovering the future.... :c

gotcha. I was just starting to wonder if I had ruined something for ya. Glad I didn't :mug:

They kinda dirty her up a little, but (like most girls) if you scrape all the ****-off her, she is pretty hot.

I think the job that Walt asks Todd's uncle to do isn't the job that the events preceding the statement lead you to believe it will be...kill Jesse. It will be interesting to see the job.

Also very interested to see "the other way" to get walt that Jesse talked about.

I think the job that Walt asks Todd's uncle to do isn't the job that the events preceding the statement lead you to believe it will be...kill Jesse. It will be interesting to see the job.

Also very interested to see "the other way" to get walt that Jesse talked about.

Exactly. "Where you really live....." as in "home is where the heart is"???

Interestingly, of all the things that Jesse has discovered about "Mr. White" over the years, and the past couple seasons especially, the one thing he hasn't quite figured out yet, is that HE is probably the person that Walt cares most about in the world.

"where you really live"

is Walt's ego.

Jesse taking credit for being Heisenberg might be more than Walt could stand

Wow, I wish you would avoided that information. Not quite a spoiler, but too much information ::smh::

Not really even to much info. Just because she's billed to act in all of the episodes doesn't mean she's alive the entire time. Even if she's shown dead in her casket for 2 seconds IMDB will still have her as being in that episode. There could be flashbacks or even Walt just thinking he hears her voice in his head, nobody knows.

Not really even to much info. Just because she's billed to act in all of the episodes doesn't mean she's alive the entire time. Even if she's shown dead in her casket for 2 seconds IMDB will still have her as being in that episode. There could be flashbacks or even Walt just thinking he hears her voice in his head, nobody knows.

While your argument us valid, I will reject it and substitute my own......

I think killing Walt's family, that he has fought so hard to decieve, and, to keep "normal" would be where to hit Walt the hardest.

Exactly. "Where you really live....." as in "home is where the heart is"???

Interestingly, of all the things that Jesse has discovered about "Mr. White" over the years, and the past couple seasons especially, the one thing he hasn't quite figured out yet, is that HE is probably the person that Walt cares most about in the world.

If Jesse does realize it, would Jesse killing himself (with Ricin?) crush Walt?

Looks like the big gun will be for uncle jacks crew. I'd guess that Hank and Gomie get killed/wounded, since he called Marie. I'm guessing Walt doesn't kill Jesse and refuses to cook for them and goes on the run. He had money to buy the m60 so he obviously doesn't loose his money in this fire fight.

Looks like the big gun will be for uncle jacks crew. I'd guess that Hank and Gomie get killed/wounded, since he called Marie. I'm guessing Walt doesn't kill Jesse and refuses to cook for them and goes on the run. He had money to buy the m60 so he obviously doesn't loose his money in this fire fight.

^ i'll buy

Hank dies, they spent a scene with Hank practically in tears gives Marie the story, says he's going to be really late, and a heartfelt I love you. He ain't seeing **** ...done

That's because breaking bad is fiction. Hank is actually not real, he is played by an actor that is similarly skilled at playing other roles.

so Walt's MONEY is where he lives.

he started this entire venture so that his family would be taken care of financially when the cancer finally took him, but it turned into an ego thing once the money was really not an issue anymore.

now, when that money is threatened, Walt loses rationality, doesn't think things through and ends up handcuffed in a vehicle stuck in the crossfire of a gunfight on the very ground where he cooked his first batch

so Walt's MONEY is where he lives.

he started this entire venture so that his family would be taken care of financially when the cancer finally took him, but it turned into an ego thing once the money was really not an issue anymore.

now, when that money is threatened, Walt loses rationality, doesn't think things through and ends up handcuffed in a vehicle stuck in the crossfire of a gunfight on the very ground where he cooked his first batch

The money is still for his family....there's just a lot of it. I don't think he had piles of money elsewhere, which was a HUGE mistake in my opinion. You'd think a clever guy like Walt would be smart enough to break up his money into geographically separate stashes and use different methods of concealment for each one, sort of like the way Gus had his dead drops set up when Mike & Jesse went out to do pickups. Walt of all people should know better than to put all his eggs in one basket.

I think the more serious mistake that Walt made was talking about killing people (and other crimes) over the phone, especially when he knows Hank is already gunning for him. I think more than the pile of money (which he could deny knowledge of, and probably get out of with some clever lawyering) him talking about all that stuff when he was driving over there will be the nail in his (legal) coffin if it sees the light of day.

Back