Breaking Bad!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My "type" is brunette, elfin features, big eyes.

She fits it to a "T".

For the guys who like fake boobs and blond hair, maybe she isn't too hot.

She fits it to a "T".

brunette (any shade) with big green or blue eyes, then you got yourself a deal

& as long as the rest of her is woman, CAN I GET A WITNESS, BROTHER?

She fits it to a "T".

This might sound cliche, but I go for brains. There is nothing sexier than a well-read woman who speaks and thinks clearly.

Anyway, the Stevia woman was manic; I'd be running the other way.

I think there is way too much sympathy for Jesse and too much hatred of Walt. He got what he deserved and should be dead. I thought the writers were too heavy handed trying to beat us into liking Jesse. I liked Jesse for the first 4 seasons and then just completely changed. His change was too forced. And what did Walt do that was really that EVIL?

I think there is way too much sympathy for Jesse and too much hatred of Walt. He got what he deserved and should be dead. I thought the writers were too heavy handed trying to beat us into liking Jesse. I liked Jesse for the first 4 seasons and then just completely changed. His change was too forced. And what did Walt do that was really that EVIL?

let Jane die
poisoned Brock
murdered several people including Mike and Gus
coerced Jesse into murdering Gale
train robbery
disposed of several bodies, including a 9-year old kid's
extorted Hank
actions indirectly led to the murder of Hank and Gomez
corrupted his wife into laundering money
kidnapped his own child

but nothing YOU would consider evil?

let Jane die
poisoned Brock
train robbery
extorted Hank
kidnapped his own child

I'd give him self defense on Gus and probably Gale too

You left out manufacture and distribution of methamphetamine that wrecked how many thousands of lives? And maybe the airplane crash...

Yep, lots of evil there. But I think the producer was going for the idea of redemption at the end, with 1) Walt freeing Pinkman, 2) Walt effectively getting the money to his son, 3) Walt's last meeting with his wife, 4) Walt whacking the guys that killed Hank. Redemption is is a great way to wrap up the show.

Given the list above, though, it might not have been enough.

He did some evil things for sure. I'd nitpick the suggestion that he corrupted his wife into laundering the money. She had already cooked the books for Ted and Walt tried to keep her out of his business, but she insisted.

Mass production of a drug that has NO redeeming qualities and is known to ruin lives.

(I do not generally judge but I think that pot should be legal.....)

The only drug more certain to destroy lives is heroine.

I think he killed a few people.....maybe not innocent...but people.

He did some evil things for sure. I'd nitpick the suggestion that he corrupted his wife into laundering the money. She had already cooked the books for Ted and Walt tried to keep her out of his business, but she insisted.

that nit needed picking, I agree.

though I don't think he tried too hard to keep her out

let Jane die
She was blackmailing him. And she died because of her own actions.
poisoned Brock
With an amount he knew would not be lethal.
He only killed people whom he felt were a threat to his own life.
Again, they were about to kill Walt. Killing Gale was the only way to make himself indispensible and save his own life. Clear-cut self-defense.
train robbery
Nobody got hurt.
You'd rather he left them laying out in the open for some kid to find? Sheesh!
extorted Hank
Hank was trying to destroy Walt's life.
He told Jack's crew NOT to come, and when they came anyway, he was screaming at them from inside the SUV, begging them to walk away.
Sure, but it was her money too. He shared it with her. It's not like he made her launder his money and she got nothing out of the deal. He kept her out of his business as long as he could, but she kept digging and prying.
kidnapped his own child
I'm not sure that's possible. It was his own kid, they weren't divorced, there was no custody agreement or anything. And he gave her back immediately anyway.
Walt was a good, honorable guy! Look how many chances he gave Jesse after he screwed up so many times, and even tried to sabotage Walt over and over, yet Walt couldn't resist seeing the good in him.

let Jane die
poisoned Brock
train robbery
extorted Hank
kidnapped his own child

Hahaha. I guess I'm alone. I thought Jane was a scumbag and Brock didn't die. Everyone else got what was coming.

Edit: I'm glad Kombat agrees. Didn't see your post before I replied.

Huh, I guess evil has a pretty wide interpretation.

I think Hank did a lot of evil things (pretty much everything on that list). He even admitted at the end that he did everything for selfish reasons (not for his family).

Better question might be if he was an evil person. I think there's a difference.

Mass production of a drug that has NO redeeming qualities and is known to ruin lives.

Meth is actually considered to have medical usefulness in the United States (for things like ADHD, though usually used as a last resort). Sold under the brand name Desoxyn.

Meth is actually considered to have medical usefulness in the United States (for things like ADHD, though usually used as a last resort). Sold under the brand name Desoxyn.

Point taken...but....are you suggesting that Walt was treating ADHD? ;)

When prescribed under relative control, heroine might have some redeeming quality when prescribed to child molesters, but really does that make it any less harmful on the street?

Heroin is basically the unrefined version of morphine, so if you've had your wisdom teeth out, you've had heroin. :) But from what I understand, while crystal meth (or a relative) might have some legitimate redeeming applications, they're fewer than heroin (morphine).

Basically, your military pilots used meth to stay awake during missions from Missouri to Afghanistan and back.

Heroin is basically the unrefined version of morphine, so if you've had your wisdom teeth out, you've had heroin. :) But from what I understand, while crystal meth (or a relative) might have some legitimate redeeming applications, they're fewer than heroin (morphine).

Basically, your military pilots used meth to stay awake during missions from Missouri to Afghanistan and back.

In my family law practice, I'd take a heroine user over meth user any day (assuming they were on only one of the two). Meth appears to be one of the worst to kick. Of course, they're both horrible in my context.

Hard to understand how Walt will get the money to his Family. If someone showed up at your door with the demand that you convert all this cash to a check how would you do it?

Hard to understand how Walt will get the money to his Family. If someone showed up at your door with the demand that you convert all this cash to a check how would you do it?

They're far richer than he is. Nobody would blink an eye.

That is a LOT of cash to deposit.

An eye would be raised unless they banked at 1000 banks and deposited less than 10K at each one.

cheezydemon3 said:
That is a LOT of cash to deposit.

An eye would be raised unless they banked at 1000 banks and deposited less than 10K at each one.

Not if it goes through their foundation (anonymous donation), instead of thru personal banking.

Yes, it would have to be laundered. If they don't want to do that, they can use their own money.

Yes, it would have to be laundered. If they don't want to do that, they can use their own money.

ah, but one of the terms was that they couldn't use their own money

otherwise, Badger and Skinny Pete light them up with laser pointers

ah, but one of the terms was that they couldn't use their own money

otherwise, Badger and Skinny Pete light them up with laser pointers

How the heck would they know whose money it technically was? It's just paper or numbers on a computer. They accepted the money, so no matter where the money technically comes from, it's still the money Walt gave them. If somebody gives you a $20 bill to give to somebody else, do you have to give them the exact same one?

By the way, I really hate guest starring credits at the beginning of a show. I knew it'd be Badger and Skinny Pete because it said Matt Jones (Badger), which is REALLY easy for me to remember considering it's my name too.

How the heck would they know whose money it technically was? It's just paper or numbers on a computer. They accepted the money, so no matter where the money technically comes from, it's still the money Walt gave them. If somebody gives you a $20 bill to give to somebody else, do you have to give them the exact same one?

they were Walt's terms and he had no intention of enforcing them, plus he's dead, he can't enforce them.

and it isn't really a matter of whose money is used to pay for whatever, at least to the IRS or SEC or whoever. as long as the $10k cap for reporting isn't exceeded, the Feds have no clue that money exists or Walt's terms for the use of that money.

I was referring to Elliot and Gretchen, who will always live in fear of those laser pointers and have no way of knowing what mechanisms are in place to ensure that they use THAT money and not their own.

they were Walt's terms and he had no intention of enforcing them, plus he's dead, he can't enforce them.

and it isn't really a matter of whose money is used to pay for whatever, at least to the IRS or SEC or whoever. as long as the $10k cap for reporting isn't exceeded, the Feds have no clue that money exists or Walt's terms for the use of that money.

I was referring to Elliot and Gretchen, who will always live in fear of those laser pointers and have no way of knowing what mechanisms are in place to ensure that they use THAT money and not their own.

The threat was to make sure that a) they accepted the money, and b) to ensure that his family ends up getting it. Both very simple things to find out.

Walt had what, about 10mil left? He gave it to them, they're $10mil richer. Where they decide to get the actual currency that ends up with his family is irrelevant.

The threat was to make sure that a) they accepted the money, and b) to ensure that his family ends up getting it. Both very simple things to find out.

Walt had what, about 10mil left? He gave it to them, they're $10mil richer. Where they decide to get the actual currency that ends up with his family is irrelevant.

true, I think, to a point. the issue is how literal do they want to take the instructions Walt gave them (they're to use THAT money and none of their own) and what will it take to keep the threat from being carried out.

but yeah... really doesn't matter if they write a check from their own account to Flynn and just start buying stellar $9000 jukeboxes with the cash

I'm really not trying to argue about it. just a pointless hypothetical "how would you do it?"

and I got to throw in a gratuitous Lloyd Dobler reference as a bonus

Back