Breaking Bad - DEA Agent Homebrews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lamarguy

Reaction score
For any Breaking Bad fans out there, apparently Hank (DEA Agent) is a homebrewer as of tonight's episode...

Pretty funny - homebrewin' meth and brew in one show! :D

Norris_Bio_119x119.jpg

I love that show. I didn't get to see last nights episode. I'll watch it tonight when i get home from work. Thank god for DVR's.

Ya, funny enough....Hank made a bunch of bottle bombs that starting blowing up in the middle of the night. So, he might consider joining this forum. ;)

Wow, really? This is seriously one of my two favorite shows now (along with, of course, How I Met Your Mother) even though I can't explain exactly why. Now I'm really looking forward to watching it tonight.

That's an excellent show. The scene starts with a close up of an airlock in an Erlenmeyer flask. My first thought is have they started growing anthrax instead of cooking meth? Then the camera pans and the shot widens to see Hank capping 12 ounce longnecks. The bottle bombs going off wake him up in the middle of the night and he thinks they're gunshots. Absolutely the best integration of homebrewing in a mainstream TV show. :D

the camera pans and the shot widens to see Hank capping 12 ounce longnecks. The bottle bombs going off wake him up in the middle of the night and he thinks they're gunshots. Absolutely the best integration of homebrewing in a mainstream TV show. :D

Ha...Ya, because us homebrewers are some hard gangstas...We be bustin' caps all over the place! Well, at least some of us still do that... :eek:

Wow, really? This is seriously one of my two favorite shows now (along with, of course, How I Met Your Mother) even though I can't explain exactly why. Now I'm really looking forward to watching it tonight.

could it possibly be the fact that they hang out in the bar drinking all night and talk about nothing important with a great cast? I love HIMYM!!

It may just be coincidence, but Homebrewing seems to be catching on in the mainstream media.

Just the other night, on Saturday, I was at a party drinking some of my Belgian and a girl made a comment about that episode of Rules of Engagement we were talking about not too long ago...

I love Breaking Bad. I haven't caught this week's episode yet, but it's on the DVR waiting. It's fun for me to try to pick out the different places that they are filming since it's filmed here in my hometown. I'm looking forward to seeing the homebrewing disaster!

On a side note, my wife met Bryan Cranston at the Balloon Fiesta last October. He had his head shaved at the time, likely filming the current season.

Sorry to revive an ancient thread, just been watching Breaking Bad on Netflix.

I hated the Hank character, I got why he was in the show, but thought the character was way too buffoony. As soon as I saw him homebrew my thoughts changed! Went from hating the character to worrying about the guy, yo.

Walt or Bryan Cranston also orders a fat tire when he visits a pub in one episode

I noticed most of the beer they have on the show has funky labels, and no "Beer" that looks like a Bud Lite label.

Kind of like Trailer Park Boys, they always show them drinking Propeller beers, a craft brewery from Halifax, where the show/movies originate.

Back