Braggot from Leftovers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimothyChurch

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Recipe
3 lb Clover honey
3 lb Wildflower honey
3.3 lb Amber LME
10 bags Earl Grey Tea
20 Cinnamon sticks
20 Cloves

White Labs WLP011

I accidentally ordered two yeast when I made my last batch of beer and didn't want it to go to waste, so I looked around my kitchen to see what I could do with it. I found an old can of amber LME and some left over honey from my last few meads. I decided to throw it all in a pot and see what came out. I added some spices and the tea based on the recipe http://www.wrongresult.com/homebrew/index.php?showimage=100
The fermentation seems to be a tad bit slow so I am going to let it sit a month in both the primary and the secondary before I bottle it in some belgium bottles. Hopefully it turns out nice but even if it doesn't at least it will only cost me one tied up carboy.

Well I have now learned the reason why all of my recipes have come from here so far instead of based on other sites. This is very very strong with clove. It is like drinking a flower. I added some vanilla and we will see what happens. This could be my first failed batch. =(

Back