Bottling with the Fastferment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjm1027

Reaction score
I am ready to bottle my beer and I have a bag of sugar that came with my kit that I have to add before I bottle. Do I add it to the Fastferment and stir until dissolved then add beer to bottles and cap or do I add the sugar to the bottle and fill bottle?

You want to dissolve in water and heat to kill off anything that could potentially infect your beer. Cool and mix with beer. When I bottled, I would add the sugar solution to a bottling bucket and rack the beer onto it since you don't want all that yeast in your bottles. If the fast ferment lets you remove the yeast then you can mix the sugar in there. You will still need some way of getting beer into bottles with minimal air exposure. Most bottling buckets have a spigot to which you attach a tube with a bottling wand at the end. This allows you to control flow and fill to the correct level.

Latest posts

Back