Bottling sugar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flukeball

Reaction score
I have 2 beer kits in ferments, Muntons American style light beer & a Coopers Pilsener, both kits use British weights and ask to add the bottling sugar to the bottles. I would like to transfer beer to a second fermenter add the corn sugar and then bottle.
Can or should this be done and how much sugar should I add to 6gallons (US) before put into 12oz bottles?
Thank You

Add the corn sugar first, boiled in a small amount of water first then the beer to the other bucket. This will help mix them.

Can't remember the amount. Others do.

It doesn't matter the bottle size if you're batch priming. I usually do 6 gallon batches and my standard amount is 3/4 cup regular cane sugar.

The cooper's kits are 23L,or 6.072 gallons. The cooper's kits use carb drops,but you could use one of the on line calculators to figure how much dextrose to use.

I use 4.5 oz of table sugar ( 2/3 cup approx ) for 5 gal batches with no problems at all.

Latest posts

Back