Bottling Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BernieBrewer

Reaction score
I had a question, I'm about to bottle my beer tonight. I sanitized my bottles this weekend but then got delayed and am just getting to bottling now. I was going to rinse the bottles once more with the bottle washer before I start. After I rinse should I wait till the bottles are completely dry before I fill them?

Are your intentions to spray them with water only? I'm paranoid about contamination, so I would sit them in the proper iodopher solution for a few before bottling (dry, wet, no worries). Nothing like an extra step just to be certain you aren't introducing anything, especially this late in the process. Good luck, Bernie.

I don't.

I usually run them through my dishwasher with no soap added. The heating cycle usually gets them pretty dry, but I still see some drops of water in some bottles. I just bottle anyway. So far, no problems!

There are a ton of people here that would totally disagree. But, I too just put them in the dishwasher without any soap and run the cycle. Been doing it that way for 3 years and have not had a problem yet. The bottles are not at all dirty when I do this as every bottle gets thouroughly rinsed and cleaned the moment the beer is poured.

Back